#21 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

Shell Shocked Director, Around the World Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:22 AM

Alright, listened to 113. Great music, fun banter. Thanks guys! I personally only keep up with OCR when it comes to vgm arrangement community, so it's a treat to hear great music outside of it.

edit: Went ahead and listened to 114 - this was a tighter show (not just because it was shorter), I'm looking forward to the next one. Good stuff, definitely recommend listening.

--Eino

I like 114 better as well. I feel that we put more effort into it overall (and I edited out my "dead air...um...dead air" this time. Don't know what it is with me and uh, pausing at, uh, random, umm, while, err, talking on, uh, this show), and tried to be more informative and have a plan on what to talk about. I think it worked out much better.

Nitro Game Injection, Sundays 6PM ET & GameFuel: Listen on Arecibo Radio | Website | OCR Thread
Projects: VROOM! | TMNT IV: Shell Shocked | KNGI Project Forums | KNGI Records

#22 anosou

anosou

THE ANSWER Director, Kaleidoscope Composer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,529 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

I like 114 most too. It seemed way tighter between the two of you, probably because of the editing. Nice work yet again! Keep it up!

Posted Image

#23 Kaleb.G

Kaleb.G

Chun-Li (+1000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

I've listened to 113, 114, 112, 111, and now working on 110 (which is actually 108 in disguise!). Also I left a voice message. Here are those albums I was talking about:
Noise Mutation (SaGa Frontier 1 & 2) (fav is track 4 but they're all awesome)
Raydric (Ragnarok Online) (fav is track 6)

#24 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

I've listened to 113, 114, 112, 111, and now working on 110 (which is actually 108 in disguise!). Also I left a voice message. Here are those albums I was talking about:
Noise Mutation (SaGa Frontier 1 & 2) (fav is track 4 but they're all awesome)
Raydric (Ragnarok Online) (fav is track 6)

We got your voicemail Kaleb, and I actually have both of those albums, so I'll definitely be playing the tracks you mentioned on the show. You actually have the distinct honor of being our first voicemail caller ever (outside of the tests Mae and I did with it), so congratulations on such a prestigious honor. Or whatever you want to call it.

Though I am wondering: What do you mean about 110 being 108 in disguise?

Nitro Game Injection, Sundays 6PM ET & GameFuel: Listen on Arecibo Radio | Website | OCR Thread

#25 Kaleb.G

Kaleb.G

Chun-Li (+1000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

You actually have the distinct honor of being our first voicemail caller ever (outside of the tests Mae and I did with it), so congratulations on such a prestigious honor. Or whatever you want to call it.

Wow! I'm sure I will go down in the history books for that. Yep, right down to the bottom of the barrel. =}

Though I am wondering: What do you mean about 110 being 108 in disguise?

The podcast titled "Nitro Game Injection #110: Winter Madness" is actually #108. It has the interview with LuIzA, and the playlist is exactly as detailed here.

#26 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:38 AM

Wow! I'm sure I will go down in the history books for that. Yep, right down to the bottom of the barrel. =}

The podcast titled "Nitro Game Injection #110: Winter Madness" is actually #108. It has the interview with LuIzA, and the playlist is exactly as detailed here.

Weird... I just checked the files, and they seem to correspond for me. Larry and Mae are in 110 and Akumu with the LuIzA interview is 108, in both the ID3 tags and filenames. Strange. Is #108 switched for #110 then, or are they both the same?

#27 evktalo

evktalo

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

I like 114 better as well. I feel that we put more effort into it overall (and I edited out my "dead air...um...dead air" this time. Don't know what it is with me and uh, pausing at, uh, random, umm, while, err, talking on, uh, this show), and tried to be more informative and have a plan on what to talk about. I think it worked out much better.

Good work there, doing that wasn't detrimental to the relaxed feel of the show, which I also enjoy.

Damn, Declaration of War rocked.

--Eino

#28 Kaleb.G

Kaleb.G

Chun-Li (+1000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

Weird... I just checked the files, and they seem to correspond for me. Larry and Mae are in 110 and Akumu with the LuIzA interview is 108, in both the ID3 tags and filenames. Strange. Is #108 switched for #110 then, or are they both the same?

I'm just talking about the podcast version of #110 on iTunes. (It doesn't let me go any further back than that, and it will probably just be pushed off when #115 is released.)

The regular version of #110 on kngi.org is fine.

#29 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

Ah, okay. I guess like most Apple products, iTunes is broken. (Oh SNAP, I went there!)

Larry and I will be recording the next episode on Wednesday, and we'll be joined by a very special guest. Should be out with a new show this weekend!

#30 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

Be Aggressive! Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

I've just finished listening to the last two episodes, and it was great.
One complain: Man up Kyle! Larry is totally driving the show! :lol:

Wonderful music of course, and good hosting too, not awkward like most podcasts.
Hope it was as fun to do for both of you, as it was for me to listen to.

Keep it up guys! Waiting for the next one.

Under-remixed VGM Defender ||| Twitter - Soundcloud

#31 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the comments, Mokram.

I've added the show to PodcastAlley. The vote counts are reset every month, so vote for us as much as you can!

#32 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Beginning an occasional series of shows that will break away from our usual format (these interview shows will be interspersed with our regular music and talk shows), NGI #115 is an interview special, throwing former NGI host Audun "Akumu Audi" into the Hot Seat. Check it out!

#33 Dj Mokram

Dj Mokram

Be Aggressive! Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationVR Training

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:56 AM

That show was so politicaly incorrect! :mrgreen:
Nice to throw in some interviews. It gives some more insight on the remix & compo scene.

Everyone tried overshadowing you, but they can't break the unbreakable KyleJCrb can they? :lol:

Nice work.

Under-remixed VGM Defender ||| Twitter - Soundcloud

#34 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:41 AM

Nitro Game Injection #116 is now available!

#35 anosou

anosou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:27 PM

*grabs the new show by the testicles*

Good, now I have ANOTHER reason to neglect my studying.

Posted Image

#36 evktalo

evktalo

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

Good show again, some really good tracks, and I liked the talk on Commodore and chiptune scenes.

--Eino

#37 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

Slow going on this one, but NGI #117 is out! We sat down for a lengthy chat with Jeriaska, notable videogame music journalist and creator of Nobuooo. We discuss VGM and its impact, the game journalism scene, Jeriaska’s background, and much more, so grab it: http://tr.im/nmCV

For those who miss the music, a normal episode should be out later this week!

#38 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • LocationBuckeye, AZ

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:38 AM

NGI #118 is out, in probably the quickest episode turnaround ever. On this episode, Larry and I discuss some of the controversies that have affected video games and VGM over the years, the ongoing volley of HD remakes of classic games, and shine the spotlight on some great musicians that everyone should check out. This episode also features a special drinking game: Take a drink every time Larry mentions OverClocked ReMix!

#39 anosou

anosou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:04 AM

Jeriaska interview was trés awesome. Downloading 118 while typing this but I'm assuming it's also awesome. Keep it up!

Posted Image

#40 Liontamer

Liontamer

Community Manager, Judge

• Moderators
  • 12,672 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

Good good. Keep downloading!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums