OCR01895 - Pilotwings "Fly"

djpretzel

:puppyeyes:I'd have to say this is by far the most down to earth OC music I have ever listned. It's so good I cannot even dare to even discuss to anyone here what's it like... Unique style beat and rythem change. :puppyeyes:

But here I go!!! Uplifting... Energetic... Flat out smooth... The sound track is so good your ear would have an orgy.

A+ must listen all the way begining to the end!!!!

I really dig this style. Reminiscent of the game, nice, smooth, reminds me tonally of Phantasy Star Online Ragol Weather by Zircon.

I was confused when reading the write-up. It took me a couple of times before I finally read Flight Club rather than it sans "l".

Great mix!

Dang, a remix by Palpable. Amazing. I love it. The sounds you chose are perfect, I think. But Pilotwings? That surprised me - it's soundtrack is good and no remixes up yet until now. Great job Palpable! :)

And what's also amazing is I got the Flickerfall album in today on top of all this. It's just a lot of Palpable goodness! :D Thanks for sending the album so quickly.

Palpable you are great sir for remixing this track. Pilotwings is an amazing soundtrack and you chose one of my favorite tracks in the whole game haha. I like the changes you made to the original progression and once that fast arp comes in im sold. great work dude.

ps - i will be peeping your album as jade checks it out, looking forward to it. Also thanks for the comments on golbez! glad you like path of deception <33 gotta submit that one hehe

great works!

Great to finally see a Pilotwings mix appear on the site (basically any Soyo Oka remixing goes down well here in dave-central ;>) I like the direction you went with this - stylistlcally it's verrrrry similar to "THE CUBE" by DJ SUWAMI, an equally awesome tune - in fact the similarities are so rife that I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard this track before.

I guess the only case I'd have against your arrangement is the sparsity of the original material; you've almost made an entirely new track, since you're essentially taking those chord voicings and building around them. I'm guilty of doing exactly the same thing with F-Zero's rankings/select time music too though. gulp

my favourite thing on OCR for probably a few years, nonetheless :)

stylistlcally it's verrrrry similar to "THE CUBE" by DJ SUWAMI, an equally awesome tune - in fact the similarities are so rife that I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard this track before.

Great ears - I was indeed inspired by the style of that very track, which has been one of my favorite Bemani tracks for years. Probably should have mentioned that in my submission e-mail if you think it's that similar, but I suspect if someone is mixing D&B and jazz, they'll probably end up using a lot of the same instruments.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Really diggin' this one. I don't generally download mixes from games I've never played before (I remember being mildly curious about Pilotwings back in the day, but never did try it), but this mix is continued proof of the fact that I should probably just download everything, I clearly don't know what I'm missing.

Normally I like to comment on how a mix compares to the original, this time I'm just going to have to say I really enjoy this track. Very upbeat, a little more jazzy than I might have expected from a "flying theme" but it certainly goes down smoothly. The variations with the piano and synth are really awesome, this won't be leaving my regular playlist for a while.

Time to check out the rest of the Pilotwings soundttrack...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This whole song feels flighty - your lead synths bounce around like they're floating along in the breeze :-) It's really quaint. The orchestra hit is kind of cheesy and out of place but all the other instruments really jive together and create a great song to lounge around to on a carefree day.

At first I was really off-put by this song, but looking back I can't remember why, it's actually very enjoyable :-) Also, kudos on finding such a laid-back use for a D&B drumloop, that's good work! :-D

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Never played a Pilotwings game (for shame!), but this is one the most pleasant, happy sounding remixes on the site for sure. Bright blue skies, wind blowing in your face, maybe getting some boardwalk fries or driving a jet ski, this mix gets me in that carefree, vacation-y mood. Musically, the fast tempo and light, snappy drums keep everything nice and tight. There's also so many cool fills with the piano, guitar and synth, I feel like there's something new to hear every time you listen to it. All in all if you don't enjoy this remix then you're probably like, dead inside or something:P

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01895 - Pilotwings "Fly"