Legacy: Game Boy 25th Anniversary - History

WillRock

Just posted a may 1st deadline.

Not too strict, its just to monitor progress. Final Deadline is probably going to be new year to give staff time to evaluate the album before release.

I hope I didn't sound like a jerk with my post about 2014, but The_Damned DID say I could do it in 2014... if I get a chance to make the song this year then I'll probably do it, but if I don't, I got that under-the-table deal! I'm innocent!

I'm afraid I won't have anything ready by may 1st. I have 3-4 project tracks I have to do before this one. That being said, project tracks are the only thing I'm gonna work on till they're all done, so June is feasible.

np - If people let me know whats going on with them i'll be happy to keep them on. I'm not going to mercilessly cut people who talk to me, but those who don't let us know will be cut because anyone who doesn't do tracks will need to be replaced if we want to hit the 25 track limit.

I hope I didn't sound like a jerk with my post about 2014, but The_Damned DID say I could do it in 2014... if I get a chance to make the song this year then I'll probably do it, but if I don't, I got that under-the-table deal! I'm innocent!

Sorry Brandon, I spoke to staff about when was best to have the album finished. Afraid 2014 will probably be too late if we want to see this released in time :(

Edited by WillRock

I won't be able to make that May 1st deadline either; I have a track for the TMNT project that has to be finished by the 29th, and I need to make sure I have the entire Gunstar Heroes album wrapped up by May 1st, so I'll be pretty busy.

My track's basically being recorded from scratch. What I gave you guys last time was just to show what direction I wanted to go with it, but I held off tracking the whole thing because I (rightfully) knew that if I did the bulk of the track much later, it would have significantly better production values.

This track will be my focus around mid-May. If you guys are willing to wait, I can give you guys a pretty near-complete track then.

Why is it that May 1st or around that time is a popular time for a checkup?

Honestly, for me around that time, I've got a TMNT project deadline, first wips in for FF3, the Castlevania one Chernabogue's working on, Mirby's "gimme a finished track for my Cid project or I'm kicking you off" type deal... that sort of thing.

I still want to keep going with this. Just don't expect me to have something by May 1st, because too many other people want me to have stuff in for that time >_<

Yeah setting May 1st for this was a bit shortsighted in regards to the rest of the community (same could be said about some of those other projects Rexy mentioned :-P)

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

That'll probably be the one downfall of this project, is that y'all decided to start up and set consistent dates with other projects, and try to finish by the end of the year... I honestly just don't see that happening, but if that's what you gotta stick with, I hope it works out.

Not too strict, its just to monitor progress - If people let me know whats going on with them i'll be happy to keep them on.

Just quoting this for emphasis since some people seem to be confused about the nature of the deadline. If you don't have a WIP and can't deliever one DON'T PANIC - just let me know and i'll mark you down as having got back to me. I'm not going to cut anyone unless I have to, so don't worry about it. I just need to see who is still interested in the project and any progress they have made.

Edited by WillRock

• 2 weeks later...
Billy just wanted to stuff up my inbox even though he totally could have easily asked me on aim or skype or anywhere even msn. :-P

If the AdminiStraders could increase my storage to like 600 messages or something that'd be awesome. People totally send me 600 emails. (´・ω・`)

I haven't even sent you PM. Shut ur trap :P

I haven't even sent you PM. Shut ur trap :P

I did!!!!! I did!!!!!! Don't you DARE call me a liar, I NEVER lie and I am a good, upstanding person who isn't British. Unless you sent a SECOND PM after this one, I got it!

Some people seem to have panicked with this deadline, and honestly, that was kind of my intention, but there has been a bit of confusion about the nature of this deadline.

If you can't get a WIP done in time, do not panic,just reply to this PM saying you're still interested in your claim and we'll go from there, Since some of you claimed tracks over a year ago and haven't been in touch since, i'm just using this as a reminder that the project is still alive and that in fact, things need to speed up to hit the final deadline now. The final deadline is going to be at the new year, and its time to get this project rolling. Any new WIPs or updates you've got, send them to me. Some of you have been in touch recently, even if I haven't responded yet, don't worry, i'll get back to you shortly and you can ignore this. Do let me know if you can't make the deadline however, or i'll be forced to cut people, since the 25 track limit is rather strict with Damned's vision.

Let me know!

WillRock

tumblr_m9jnppZNut1r4v5eno1_500.png

Yeah I sent that one out to everyone. I was referring to a PM that I'd just sent out - one that I didn't send you because you got back to me like... 3 weeks ago... lol

Eh I don't remember :-D

Why you sending out so many PMs? Didn't this one cover it? Man I've been too restrained with my pming I guess. I mean... for FF3 at least. Maybe that's why our May 1st deadline didn't go so well, or maybe it's because YOU CAM OUT OF NOWHERE with the SAME deadline AFTER FF3 and started pming everyone once a week. Maybe people do the most annoying job to get it to be quiet. :-P

• Liontamer changed the title to Legacy: Game Boy 25th Anniversary - History