OCR03140 - Final Fantasy II "Culminating Domination"

It's great to see Final Fantasy II's soundtrack get some more love around here prior to the release of Rebellion. The mix had a lot of energy to it and I thought the segment at 2:29 was a nice touch. I look forward to hearing more from you guys soon.

Saw these guys live! TWICE! They've come a long way and will continue to get better and better :-) Knight of the Round had a good spot on FF1 album; it is great that they're here as an opening act to the Rebellion. 

This song is great and brings the crunchy guitars we love from KotR but also a cool clean guitar section at 2:29 that breathes life into the atmosphere at 2:51... reminds me a lot of Meshuggah, which is a good thing. Very Catch-33 vibe from that part. :-) 

My ears are melting with awesomeness!! Man, I love the choice of track and its treatment - it really does a great job holding onto the main concept while also making it so much more metal. Bonus points for the almost Doom-esque 2:30-3:02 section, which increased my interest, and let me really start thrashing at 3:02+. 3:30-3:48 is probably section of the whole piece - how hardcore is that section!?! Well done team!

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03140 - Final Fantasy II "Culminating Domination"