prophetik music

Chrono Cross Remix Project - cover art in first post!

133 posts in this topic

and a good one, too! =D also heard an interesting idea from kat, looking forward to see where it goes.

i've got about 2:30 on my wip for terra's bellybutton so that's coming along pretty good.

Hey, this is a cool idea. I'll have to wait till my schedule clears up a bit but I would love to do 'Forest of Illusion' in the style of 'Electric Counterpoint' by Steve Reich. 
Literally been on my list of ReMix ideas for years. 

I'm putting my hat in the ring; I'll try to whip up a WIP for something hard & fast this evening! Any suggestions for a Chrono Cross track that could use similar (but more polished) treatment as the Time Punk remix?

there's a bunch that'd fit into that style, but maybe take a look at dragon knight?

i forgot that remix existed. nowadays it sounds like someone recorded it on their cell phone but back then i remember thinking it was super badass.

Wondering if im skilled enough for this but i cant say no when theres so many good tracks to be remixed. I really want to remix Forest of cutting shadows. However ive got a different wip in the works. 

I laid down a few bars for Magical Dreamers (But Fast!) last night. The timing is giving me a bit of trouble for the style I'm going for (Greenday for lack of a more descriptive term, something like their song Burnout). Does that sound like something you'd be interested in including? I'll try to get the other "verse" laid down tonight to give you a bounce in the morning.

8 minutes ago, prophetik music said:

drowned valley's taken.

At this rate, it's going to be a prophetik music project with a couple of special guests :-P

Hey prophetik,

I'm brand-new to OCRemix (this is my first post!), but I've been a long-time fan & supporter. I'm a game & film composer in Atlanta, GA and have been performing/recording piano for 19 years & violin for 15 years (and teach both too!). I've been actively creating video game piano covers on YouTube for the last several years and am now in a healthy rhythm of recording 1+ video per week. I'm seeking to collaborate more (especially with this community) and this project strikes my attention. Chrono Cross is one of the seminole soundtracks that guided me into becoming a professional musician. 

I would love to record a solo piano track for the album. I have no particular preference, but I DID already record Arni Village on piano about a year ago and it seems no one has bounced on that yet (which I find crazy since it's one of my favorites!). I'd be happy to polish up this arrangement for a full-sized keyboard with better production for the album. I'm open to recording another tune as well.

Let me know what you think!

steven's going to get me a wip next week after the holiday.

also, drowned valley is done, electro toms and all. think cuzco's water stories album combined with an snes.