djpretzel

Ads on OC ReMix YouTube Channel

32 posts in this topic

So long as there's transparency, I'm cool with it. Can we see some more specific numbers, like an end-of-the-year report on costs and revenue? How much is being paid out of pocket, how much does patreon cover, ads, other donations, other costs...

The transparency is appreciated. I don't really see any potential problem with the non-profit separate entity stuff now in effect (mega-yay for that!).

I again give my permission to monetize my songs on the ocr youtube channel. I don't post much anymore but the site's existence is still important to me, so anything to help make the site's costs easier to manage and plan for is fine by me. Please upload a video at some point of all of Liontamer's Lamborghini hot tubs, though.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:56 PM, Rozovian said:

So long as there's transparency, I'm cool with it. Can we see some more specific numbers, like an end-of-the-year report on costs and revenue? How much is being paid out of pocket, how much does patreon cover, ads, other donations, other costs...

@Rozovian So last year we filed a 990-N, because we're under the $50K limit and had only been a 501c3 for a grand total of one month & change, in 2016.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/annual-electronic-filing-requirement-for-small-exempt-organizations-form-990-n-e-postcard

For our 2017 taxes, I'm planning on doing the full 990, which does spell things out more explicitly. We need to amend our bylaws, get those online, and check some other boxes, but information like you're requesting WILL be made publicly available in Q1 2018 when we go through this process.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:35 PM, djpretzel said:

@Rozovian So last year we filed a 990-N, because we're under the $50K limit and had only been a 501c3 for a grand total of one month & change, in 2016.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/annual-electronic-filing-requirement-for-small-exempt-organizations-form-990-n-e-postcard

For our 2017 taxes, I'm planning on doing the full 990, which does spell things out more explicitly. We need to amend our bylaws, get those online, and check some other boxes, but information like you're requesting WILL be made publicly available in Q1 2018 when we go through this process.

Good. I've seen some criticism and such over ocr vs. money, and have been wondering if I should agree with it. This should clear that up.