OCR02283 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance "I Need Scissors! 61!"

djpretzel

My stopwatch had you at about 170.25 seconds of source usage with 261 seconds of the track, so 65.23%. Since you asked. :-P If there was any doubt, it wouldn't have been a direct post.

Like Dave said, the arrangement was very additive, but it was certainly a fitting direction to take it in. Love the source tune, and loved the wank!

Haha I was skeptical at first, but you really made this one awesome remix! The stronger elements of the source make me remember back to fighting my way through the vr missions, but your additions are the real star of the show (for good reason!). You did a great job expanding on the original, though mostly through additive stuff rather than quite as much development.

Great job, I'm glad to have such a fun remix!

So I have a birthday on the 28th and I was going to harass Larry again to suggest that posting this song on that day would be a nice present. Guess my harassment worked TOO much :-D

Anyways, thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, lots of people comment on that ending and I understand...I worked on this the few days before the DoD deadline so I had to kind of give up on nitpicking the time-consuming things like structure. It was basically like "Oh well this whacky key change thing is kinda neat! But crap I'm so low on time and need to get recording bass and guitars!...........SCREW IT"

Ah well.

this sounds like something jimmy weckl would do (the tempo would be faster but the style is the same), And i love jimmy weckl's stuff. pretty much had me sold on the rhodes and the slap bass (sucker for the combo) congrats on the song, which is VERY WELL Deserved!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has an interesting style to it - I haven't listened to a lot of jazz fusion so I'm not quite familiar with the genre, but this piece goes in some entertaining directions for anyone who enjoys progressive music. It accomplishes moving the listener through a journey, which is a must for a genre like this and I'd say that Tony does a good job in that department. It may not be something that catches on everyone's ear, but I recommend people give it a fair shake of several listens! It certainly is one of the more serious pieces that you'll find on OCR.

• 10 months later...

Rock with a jazzy bit entwined within it? Pretty interesting direction for a ReMix, and this was a great direction in my opinion. Adds quite a lot of style to the song with that kind of balance and the arrangement was catchy as hell. Not fond of the cut-off ending, but there isn't much that you can nitpick on a song that sounds as professional as this one does.

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02283 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance "I Need Scissors! 61!"