Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Strider Hiryu (+5000)

Resident Evil has consumed me... Haven't thought up new Swapnotes yet, although it DID make me actually want to get into drawing and art in general, so hopefully for creative endeavors soon!

I also think I'm going to grab MGS3.

Also so after dabbling in Raid Mode on RE: Revelations, I can say that I enjoy it quite a bit. Essentially it's just another name for mercenaries, although instead of trying to rack up points and extra time in the same area, you're going through different areas present during campaign episodes(did I mention campaign was longer than RE5's?) taking out all sorts of baddies either solo or local/online coop. After clearing an area, you're graded for stuff like accuracy, time, etc., and given BP to buy weapons, weapon mods(upgrades), herbs, ammo, you name it.

I haven't played Mercs 3D yet, but from what I hear, it seems like the upgrading in Raid Mode seems to be inspired by that(minus the permanence). I think what I enjoy most about it is the fact that you can scale back your character level and gear if you have a friend who just got the game and wants to go for the challenge(of which there is plenty). In addition, raid mode has extra characters, outfits, weapons of varying strengths, awards(basically achievements), plenty of levels, the usual RE: Mercs deal.

Somebody play with meh!

Edit - Oh wow. Apparently you can get different missions and awards in raid mode by either street/spot passing or by playing coop online. I just got a mission to take out a specific target in one stage and a handgun ammo supply crate from a guy I played with. Sweet.

OK I'm done gushing over RE now. Go buy it if you haven't!

Last edited by Malaki-LEGEND.sys; 03-03-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Philip
Goomba (+100)

So I recently learned that Zero Escape:Virtue's Last Reward is getting an American release. I am SO excited! I have been holding off on a 3DS for as long as I can, but this and the announcement of Ace Attourney 5 makes it so that I can no longer put it off!

Did anyone else play through 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors? It was a killer game!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Send a message via ICQ to Deathtank Send a message via MSN to Deathtank
Said by Danny Baranowski himself on twitter:

"Danny Baranowsky ‏ @dannyBstyle

the inimitable @JimSterling weighs in on Nintendo barring The Binding of Isaac from the 3DS eShop
http://www.gamefront.com/questionabl...gious-content/

i support Nintendo's right to choose what content they wish to distribute, but I agree with Jim on virtually every point here"

Totally agreed with DannyB and Jim Sterling.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Taylor Lyndis, Audio Engineering Director
Big Boss (+6000)

The thing I'm the most excited by was revealed (to me, at least) in the latest Nintendo Power (which I only got for the KH3D feature).

Game Gear games coming to 3DS VC; first three are Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (the fourth Sonic Game Gear game and introduction of Nack the Weasel); Dragon Crystal (a random-dungeon top-down RPG), and Shinobi (with multiple playable characters), coming in spring. Also coming are Sonic Drift 2 and Columns, later this year.

So yeah, I don't care if this is old news. I was unaware, so it's news to me. And it's soon, since spring starts this month. :3

<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere
Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Evil Ryu (+1800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathtank View Post
Opinions! :D

3DS FC: 1461-6201-4828 PM me if you add me! I go as GameBird!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Strider Hiryu (+5000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathtank View Post
Said by Danny Baranowski himself on twitter:

"Danny Baranowsky ‏ @dannyBstyle

the inimitable @JimSterling weighs in on Nintendo barring The Binding of Isaac from the 3DS eShop
http://www.gamefront.com/questionabl...gious-content/

i support Nintendo's right to choose what content they wish to distribute, but I agree with Jim on virtually every point here"

Totally agreed with DannyB and Jim Sterling.
I'm actually in agreement with Sword Breaker on this one. Should the game be censored? No. Does it add any artistic value and an entry point to an interesting discussion? In my opinion, not really. It just seems like another needless slam at religious faiths.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Send a message via ICQ to Deathtank Send a message via MSN to Deathtank
In my opinion, its just a game! Im old enough to understand that! its not like Im gonna kill my mother after playing this game!!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Jude Alexander
Ganon (+8000)

I support Nintendo's decision if only because Nintendo's policy has always been to support the products they endorse

the binding of isaac is a game where a religious nutjob hears voices that tell her to kill her son - it's clearly a negative portrayal of religious people, and I can't really blame Nintendo for wanting to remain neutral on the issue of whether or not religious people are insane
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Frog Mario (+1475)

I just think that Team Meat was starving for some more attention with that Binding of Isaac game, which isn't surprising in the least bit. How ignorant can you be about that? If you've known anything about doing business with Nintendo, let alone their history on this sort of thing, of course the game wasn't going to come out on the e-Shop.

Besides, if they put it on there, and had buried it on the shop like Johnathan Holmes said COULD have happened, Destructoid, Team Meat, and all it's fanboys would be pissing and moaning about them not rolling out the red carpet for it. Much like Team Meat did even after having the front slot for like what, two weeks on XBOX arcade?

Currently playing Snake Eater, and I'm loving every bit of it. For me, this game has justified the 3DS better than Mario 3D Land, which was rather meh, for me.

"games are art" - LOL.
8bittherapy

Last edited by Toadofsky; 03-05-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Bartolome Argentino
Sheng Long (+10000)

is there actually anything new in Snake Eater

cos I mean I played the original and Subsistence close to 15 times