Old 01-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Yan Thouin

OC ReMix Artist Profile

Thanks a lot guys... I'm really glad to be a part the overclocked community from now on This was my first attempt with my EWQL stuff but I was blown away by what you can do with it.. I'll definitely try my hands at another one soon because It's just too much fun. Anyways.. thanks again!
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Peter
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

Great job. Yeah, the scream thing at the end does seem a bit off, but overall, this is awesome.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Jacob

this is freaking amazing! its one of my favorite songs too. I seriously say there needs to be a SCIV remix album...THERE HAS TO BE
Old 01-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Red Mage (+400)

Very nice to see a mix of a less popular Castlvevania song, I always liked the original, though when I heard the bassline was being taken out I couldn't help but wonder if it was going to feel like the same song. Well, the feeling is still there, just in a different, very well done orchestral style, and I dig it!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Joe Redifer
Little Mac (+900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

This is definitely a good mix and the talent of Thunder Thouin is definitely evident. I recognized it because I always use when the strings start on that stage to gauge how well I am doing in the game. If I am not out of the little cave and back out into the trees by the time the strings start, I am going too slow. However with all of the videogames in this most recent generations that have been trying their hardest to sound as much like movies as possible, I have lost my taste for many symphonic works. Also, who is the female voice that pops up from time to time? Was that the remixer or was it stolen from something Lisa Gerrard did? Nobody else is credited on the remix and the remixer is referred to as a "he" so I have to assume the latter. I feel it would have been better without it because it seems to go past an homage into blatantly copying the style.

Castlevania IV does have an amazing soundtrack, though. It and ActRaiser make some of the best use of that SNES fake-orchestra sound in any game on the system.

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 02-12-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

This mix is quite impressive. I'm not super familiar with the Castlevania music aside from the usual songs, so I can't comment on the majesty of arrangement, but I do know that this is a great listen regardless. It has a great atmosphere to it and a vastness to it.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Link (+1900)

That brass in the beginning....damn, dude! Such a terrific lead-in with some suspense and lurking terror, but on a grand scale. Makes the first part deliciously dark with some light undertones. Then to flip the script and basically go to a more adventurous orchestration before touching back on the darker feel was a brilliant move. I really like the back and forth from dark to light in this one. The vocals were a nice touch, but the screams didn't do anything for me because of the abruptness of them. Pretty good all around though.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Ben
Goomba (+100)

Grandiose! I don't know what else to say. I would really enjoy hearing this song in a future Castlevania game, that's how epic this song is.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Pete Lepley, Temporal Duality Asst. Director
Mario (+1400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I *swear* I said this earlier, but I dunno what I was talking about previously. This track is golden, dammit!

Bandcamp Soundcloud Facebook Twitter

Tags
cinematic, orchestral, singing, strings, vocals-female