OCR01712 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Metamorphic Rock"

Darke never stops amazing me with his remixes. The mix of the 3 stages gives it a kick and a surprise twist. If you pay close attention, you can catch the break and twist up of the themes.

Now, if you want my personal opinion...(which im sure these forums are for) this track has "Ownage" written all over it. Most Dj's would actually envy darke if he were to play this live! (if that were truely possible) Giving him a 10 out of 10!

Mosh It Up Darke!

Mmm..Yeah, thats a good song ya got there. I think it'd sound even better if at about 2:00, another bass guitar comes in to counter/twine with the lead guitar with a series of purposeful notes that.. well would be a series of quarter notes with a somewhat heavier resonance to balance out the speed with some feeling of power..

Just my opinion though.. Nyan

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job to both mixers. I'll admit that I winced at the beginning, but it quickly had me smiling. I'm personally not much for rock/metal, but despite the style, I quite enjoyed it. And if I were to say anything further to anyone, I'd be begging DarkeSword to take a look at the Sonic CD tracks on the site and see what he could do with them.

• 5 months later...

I really love this whole remix, especially the repeating guitar part that begins about 2:18 and then harmonizes with another guitar. You guys are simply amazing. I actually went off any played Sonic for the first time in what may have been almost ten years because of your song.

100 Rings for you!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright. TOTALLY loved this mix guys, a lot of fun, had me moving for sure!

I do need to say that lots of the rhythm guitar and percussion sounds a lot like

. A lot. I recognized it almost immediately. The most identifiable parts are at ~2:00 and again at ~2:20. I really like The Dark Ride, it's an awesome song, and to hear the same stuff here really makes this an enjoyable remix. I didn't see any mention of The Dark Ride anywhere, I do think if it was borrowed from, it should be mentioned somewhere.

Other than that recommendation, I got two thumbs up.

Excellent work on this song!

• 2 months later...

This song makes me want to tweak my hair, put on skintight leather pants, and sing in an octave than most men wouldn't even consider. Excellent job bringing the three melodies together. I never would have thought to being these three into one piece but you did a great job. The guitar solo was executed really well. Perfect timing, good shredding, and the right kind of melodies all combine into a true glam-solo.

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice stuff, spectacular harmonized leads, and though the drums are playing at full capacity at nearly all times, it's still really interesting. Synths are used tastefully, and there is some great riffage in the the rhythm parts. The galloping section was really classic, and the rhtythm playing in the section afterward was super good.

Rock on dudez.

• 2 months later...

Wow, now, this is Sonic's proudest moment. When you put two talented, amazing ReMixers together, you're bound to get something special, and this is it. The first 21 seconds sounds like something out of a villian or heel theme, cause it sounds slightly lower or darkner (IMO), but then it opens up into an epic guitar fest. The ending really got me into it. This is definantly one of those ReMixes that I'll use in a race or the final moments of an intense workout. Sweet as hell, guys.

• 6 months later...

Guys, this is one of the best remixes I've heard, and I downloaded them all.

Great work. Now, I don't know if there's a problem with the mp3, but it sounds kinda bad on the fast parts. I'd like to give it a try at mixing it again, but I would need all the project files.

I work with Logic so, if you want me to give it a try, please let me know.

Thanks for the remix, I love this site!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01712 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Metamorphic Rock"