Beyond Good and Evil 2

atmuh

I, too, have to finish the first one, but I do have it on my desktop at home so it'll get played through eventually.

Me too, haha...if it is official that BG&E2 is coming out, I'll be picking up the original one again sooner than later. The only reason I stopped playing was because of new games that came out when I was going through it last year, but I really enjoyed what I've played so far.

people seem to like the first one i should play it sometime anyways here is the teaser for numba 2

Beyond Good and Evil to me is absolutely one of the best games I ever played in my opinion. When you find a copy, just buy it. I'm going through it my third time (At least I think it's my third.)

I was reading about the trailer on IGN, and I saw this:

Introduced by the company's CEO Yves Guillemot at today's Ubidays 2008 event in Paris, the untitled game was described as Ancel's latest project. What was stunning about the gorgeous trailer was that it utilized the game's impressive in-game engine.

That's amazing, but it got me thinking. It's a goddamn shame that the bold line completely rules out a Wii release. Fuck you Nintendo. /end rant

That's amazing, but it got me thinking. It's a goddamn shame that the bold line completely rules out a Wii release. Fuck you Nintendo. /end rant

I'm not ruling out that it could not be on Wii. Though the graphics wouldn't look that detailed. But call that blind hope.

At least my roomate has a 360....

I certainly hope that they keep the same voice actors. Yeah, sounds picky I know.

I'm not ruling out that it could not be on Wii. Though the graphics wouldn't look that detailed. But call that blind hope.

At least my roomate has a 360....

I certainly hope that they keep the same voice actors. Yeah, sounds picky I know.

I think I'd prefer it on Wii, assuming the controls aren't half-assed, but if it doesn't end up on it I'd be fine with it on the 360. Wonder if we'll be getting much more info before E3...

Jam you do know that the first game was also on the PC, right?

Even if it ain't on the wii you likely wont need a new system. Hell, pirate it in silent protest if thats how it turns out.

Yeah, you're right. I suppose I'm just so consistently disappointed by the Wii that it clouds my judgment sometimes.

How about a Fuck you Ubi for going with teh realism. I liked the stylized approach which can look amazing on any system. I'm a little afraid to see what Jade looks like now. Too realistic and she's going to fall into the Uncanny Valley when she animates I guarantee. It's not hard to make something look true to life in a still, but the moment it moves we always have the "moving mannequin" revulsion factor. Still that's just a guess based on the "so real its ugly" Uncle Peyje (sp?). Color me unimpressed with the choice of art direction, though not the art itself (so far).

I'm very happy to see the game being made and not-so-happy it's failing to hit the system I actually own. Well, I had always figured I'd pick up a PS3 eventually for the handful of exclusives I knew it would have that I enjoy. Has that thing fallen into the sanity price range yet (aka, around $300)?

In an aside, does anyone else feel like some Xbox360 and PS3 developers are engaged in a graphics pissing contest without really paying any attention to actual artistic merit?

In an aside, does anyone else feel like some Xbox360 and PS3 developers are engaged in a graphics pissing contest without really paying any attention to actual artistic merit?

im pretty sure all the developers that matter dont do that

plus pretty graphics are a plus and once again the wii is completely awful for everything but smash bros and i am GLAD that this isnt coming out on the wii so there wont be crappier graphics in the 360 version because it cant be some upgraded version of the wii edition