Worst game music

lazygecko

An awful soundtrack thread and Armored Core is still not mentioned.

Sure, you can cite maybe 1 or 2 good tracks out each AC title's 20 some odd tracks, but the rest of the tracks are a mess of awful and bad sounding synths, strange often out-of-pitch arpeggios, and gratuitous over use of out of tune sound effects (oh, and don't me forget the unpleasant drum loops). And what's worse is that most of the tracks are all 4-second loops droning on and on and on. The tracks that are good are usually the ones that avoid being electronica.

I mean, take almost any Gundam OST and play it along side an Armored Core title, except turn off AC's music. The experience is fifty times more amazing. Seriously, try it.

When I learned this, it was a great moment of realization... almost like the time I realized the nutritional benefits of Lucky Charms and Cheerios were 99.99% identical (give or take some magnesium). Just wow. It made Armored Core's experience so much better to have decent, thematic music. Droning 4-second loops (hidden in a 5 minute techno song that makes you want to scratch your ear drums out) do not do the series justice.

The only song of the all the AC games I can remember was a unpleasant track from either AC1 or AC2, and it sounded like an electric banjo being water boarded. In fact, I think it's one of the tolerable ones in the series.

Anyway.

EDIT:

Yeah I really want to blow up mechas to this crap:

My God... who thought this last one was a good idea? This, my friends, is a perfect example. A distinct random set of loops with no real musical vision or focus. It's all just unpleasant, sloppy sounding cuts and loops masquerading as "music." Why?! why?!

This is what my nightmares sound like.

This has touched a nerve. I'm going to sit on the couch and drink some lemonade and watch a TV show about kittens (STAT) before an artery in my neck explodes. *sigh* A travesty! Don't get me wrong, Armored Core is fun series that I've followed since I was a kid, but it's not without a few serious flaws, number 1 on that list is the music imo. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go listen to the G Gundam soundtrack on Youtube. Domon's theme is calling to cleanse the palate of my ears. Good day.

• 1 month later...
C-c-c-c-c-combo breaker!

Cheetah men 2

Piano Arrangement

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hcg7cDc3_is&feature=related

Delay-Lama Arrangement (there used to be an even cooler Delay-lama, but it was removed "from violations of terms of service" :( )

Vomitorium remix

Cheetah Girl remix (personal favorite of the bunch)

Then there's Duane and BrandO's remix. This will crack you the fuck up.

• 2 weeks later...
Yoshi's Island DS had some pretty terrible music.

It was a terrible game, too.

See, I liked Yoshi's Story's music quite a bit, but Yoshi's Island DS was definitely the first game I played where the music actually bothered me. Usually it's either epic and enriches the experience, or it's boring/lame and I tune it out...but THIS GAME...the same freaking repetitive, boring, crap remixed in every level! In xylophone! *rips ears off*

I honestly think they could have done something amazing if they hadn't been so damn lazy, though.

Woah, you guys made a list of worst video game musics? Let me add mine to the list!!!

Sonic the Hedgehog, Dragon Warrior 1-3, God of War, Dynamite Headdy, Donkey Kong Country 3, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy I, Mega Man X, Wild Arms, Seiken Densetsu 3, Kirby Super Star, Teen Agent, Mario Kart 64, Golden Sun, NiGHTS, Xenogears, Final Fantasy X, Donkey Kong Country 2...

Best ever?

. That game needs an album project.

Woah, you guys made a list of worst video game musics? Let me add mine to the list!!!

Sonic the Hedgehog, Dragon Warrior 1-3, God of War, Dynamite Headdy, Donkey Kong Country 3, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy I, Mega Man X, Wild Arms, Seiken Densetsu 3, Kirby Super Star, Teen Agent, Mario Kart 64, Golden Sun, NiGHTS, Xenogears, Final Fantasy X, Donkey Kong Country 2...

Best ever?

. That game needs an album project.

I see what you did there. Also, don't you dare disrespect Alley Cat ._.

I see what you did there. Also, don't you dare disrespect Alley Cat ._.

Holy Moly when I saw footage of that I could not stop laughing my ass off.

SHIT son that's funny.

OOOOOOOOH I LOVE THEM MOUSIES

still nothing can compre to this.

:sad:

Oh come on, grow a pair. That wasn't even high-pitched or actually PAINFUL.

If a few fiddled knobs is all it takes to get on this list... :dstrbd:

• 4 months later...