OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I assume part of the reason the stats were reset was because of things like the #1 player being someone who I've never even seen on the server and who hasn't played enough again to be back to #1 or in the top 50. If this stat reset thing is periodic, I think that's cool. It's a fresh start for everyone to start competing again if they care about points.

@ Bahamut, Atmuh: Oh. I honestly don't recall. I remember getting up to the pole position in the last few weeks and then me and somebody (apparently Vahn) battling it out here and there until the server reset.

Regardless: he knew who the person with the most points was.

Does [ZUZ]Vahn_Paktu know that spawn sticky camping is against the rules? Because on a handful of differnt occasions on Payload Dustbowl he was blatently sticky camping the spawn.

yes and when i told him to stop once he chuckled at me and continued you can ask dyne and he will verify this

BAN THAT FAGGOT

Funny how you're all only noticing this NOW. I complained about him sticky spawn camping months ago and nobody did anything about it then except to tell me to "stop whining."

Even funnier: last time I checked, I'm still an admin, but I'm looking for consensus on this before I act on my impulses to hop on there (for once) and ban a regular.

Four strikes and you're out? :P

One week ban on the first offense. Do it again? Permban.

No mercy.

I can almost hear Shariq's iron fist pounding on the table. XD

Truthfully, I have a low tolerance for people who don't follow the rules, especially when they're clearly stated on the splash page that appears on every map on startup. So, I'm not opposed to Shariq's methods here. A warning should normally be sufficient to drive the point home, and if it's not, drop the hammer to prove you mean business. *Shrugs*

I'm going to stick to my guns and still say permaban simply because he's been told numerous times by people to stop and it's been part of the rules basically forever.

Just because an admin/mod hasn't done anything about it until now doesn't mean he should get off scot free.

Although another factor is that I'm thinking banning Vahn wouldn't be too good for ZUZ/OCR relations, potentially resulting in ZUZ leaving the server, Bahamut and Zyko getting kicked off their clan, etc.

Personally I've never seen Vahn sticky-camping. His sentry camps are :(, but it isn't against the rules to be a good offensive engie.