OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

So, let's try it for this Saturday (tomorrow). Any particular mapcycle you guys want (custom maps are fine too)?

I won't be around Saturday night (Friday & Saturday nights for me are generally reserved for hanging out with friends), but I will password lock the server tomorrow morning with the password "ocrtf2sat". This info will be in the front. Also, if there are any others who've shown good judgment and who wants admins (especially for these OCR-only days), I'm willing to dole them out.

Also, if there are any others who've shown good judgment and who wants admins (especially for these OCR-only days), I'm willing to dole them out.

This time make sure you download the admins file before changing it. When you removed Atmuh, you removed all the changes I'd made to use groups instead of individual permissions!

Not that it was hard to fix (remove Atmuh on my local copy and re-upload).

Whoops, I was trying to install some mods that would allow the server to lie and say it had a max total of 25 people, and let reserved slot people log on when the server had 24 people.

However, the server didn't like the mod to add 1 slot to the server's displayed count and isn't responding... not even to restart or stop requests.

I'm going to see if I can file a ticket with Gameservers to get them to manually restart it.

I was just about to join and saw it wasn't there. Just before that Steam said TF2 was unavailable.

I've filed a support ticket it about it. I knew this particular plugin doesn't work on some systems (like my own test server), but it apparently only affects certain Linux versions. I figured I'd be able to restart the server if it didn't work...

...which isn't the case. Whoops.

Whoops, I was trying to install some mods that would allow the server to lie and say it had a max total of 25 people, and let reserved slot people log on when the server had 24 people.
That would be really amazing if it did work, though.

I've thought about that before too, but I figured that the company that hosts the server already figured that loophole out.

It's not really a loophole, because it doesn't really add any slots.

To answer your (now deleted) question, the plugins in question were the Orange Box version of Oil and and CBaseServer. I only tested Oil.

No plugin necessary, use sv_visiblemaxplayers. :<

I tried that before, it doesn't seem to work on TF2... hence why there's an extension to do it.

Edit: To be more specific, in TF2, sv_visiblemaxplayers can only show a lower number than the server supports, not a higher number.