OCR01738 - Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) "Day & Night"

djpretzel

I definitely like it. Like the review says, it's something you can relax to. But one thing I wanted to mention to one of the reviewers, Oji: Richard Jacques did the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast; Jun Senoue did the Genesis version.

Otherwise, good stuff.

But one thing I wanted to mention to one of the reviewers, Oji: Richard Jacques did the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast; Jun Senoue did the Genesis version.

I knew that already. To clarify, "I thought the Rusty Ruin and Diamond Dust themes of Richard Jacques absolutely killed the Genesis soundtrack [in comparison], but some people disagree."

Damon chose well!

Awesome acoustic guitar sequencing. Always paints a nice soundscape when done with some attention to detail. The RnB and Hip Hop influences really make this a relaxing and chill track to vibe. The synth lead reminds me of some mid 90's west coast hip hop sogs. 2:04 with the ethnic synth design was my favorite part. Per usual good stuff dude!

Nice chord progression and some very pretty arpeggios. The strength of this track it's great beat and overall chill vibe, while still having some touches of excitement and some great texture.

Synth lines were excellent, and the percussion was well thought out. Production was clean and though I think a few of the volume levels were off, overall it was strong.

The ending was a bit abrupt, and I won't say this often, but I think a fadeout would have actually worked better in this track's case.

Ultimately, this is a groovin track with a great mood. Perfect for summer. Awesome work.

• 3 months later...

I really like the opening of the song. Very nicely done there.

Overall, nothing sticks out in the track. I mean that in a good way. Damon mentioned that it was meant to chill out to, and it does absolutely that. The mood is perfect.

The ending is the only sore spot. The fade out and then the sudden ending is a bit much, and unnessecary. Aside from that, good job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Surprised to see that this incredible track has gotten so few reviews!

I can't offer much technical criticism, but I know what I like and I definitely like this! :-D You've got a way of picking instrument samples that compliment each other perfectly. You've created a wonderful atmosphere that's easy to chill out to, but it's got enough motion to also keep the song interesting and engaging throughout.

• 4 months later...

I thought I commented on this? I guess not.

I'm not familiar with the Sonic 3D soundtrack, but this is a pretty nice track. It has a groove yet manages to be gentle - I've listened to it on loop for a couple of hours now, and I can't really see much that I'd change other than maybe adding another instrument for a fuller sound. It's pretty well arranged though, and I don't think I'd want to see anything changed with what's already there except for potentially minor tweaks in production.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01738 - Sonic 3D Blast (SAT) "Day & Night"