Top Ten Game Themes Ever

XZero

I'll second this notion. ScrewAttack is misconstruing quantity for quality.

Duh, don't blame Screwattack. Their results were decided from over 15,000 votes, remember? If anything, it's people like you and me who are misconstruing quantity for quality.

I'm relatively happy with this list, but it's far from perfect. It's missing critical songs.

IMO it's a very solid list for what it sets out to be, but like everyone else here it's missing some key tracks that easily suggests this list would work better as a top 20 (or 30, 40, 50, etc etc).

Here's what I would add to a longer list:

A track from Street Fighter II (probably either Ken, Ryu, or Sagat's theme), Chrono Trigger (Chrono Trigger or To Far Away Times), Chrono Cross (Time's Scar), Legend of Mana (Opening/Ending Theme) and I really love the Ice Mountain theme from Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts.

Well if the list was based solely on popularity than the Super MariosBros. Theme should have easily got number one. Even people who don't play games know that music. So I can't quite figure the list out.

I personally would have picked a another Metroid theme. There are more memorable (and better IMO) themes from that series.

Duh, don't blame Screwattack. Their results were decided from over 15,000 votes, remember? If anything, it's people like you and me who are misconstruing quantity for quality.

I'm relatively happy with this list, but it's far from perfect. It's missing critical songs.

I totally agree. I liked most of the stuff on this list, but is it the "top 10"? I dunno. I personally don't think so, but then again, with something as minimal as a "top 10" list, you're gonna have to leave something out. So I liked it for what it was, but took it with a grain of salt, I guess.

I had no idea that Duke Nukem had a theme, but then again, I never really cared to play Duke Nukem.

Generally, I could agree on SOME of those themes, but I think everybody has a different feel on those. I mean, if they're just picking ONE them out of all those games, then I understand. But if it's an overall good soundtrack listing? I only think that Super Metroid, DKC, and Ocarina of Time's soundtrack would be on that list. But I'd of course have PLOK! Beyond Good and Evil, and Ecco Defender of the Future soundtrack on that list...

I actually thought it was a pretty good list.

Except that every song on there wasn't from the Neverhood soundtrack.And Jet Force Gemini.

Wow, how could I have POSSIBLY forgotten The Neverhood soundtrack??

That soundtrack was the first thing I ever bought online and I love almost every song on there...