Take down the Tyrant that is known as Kanye, so says Colbert :D

NeoForte

Wait, that ain't right. Some of his music is actually pretty good. I just mean that I'm surprised, because his music is pretty unique and it kinda rocks.

The only version of any of his songs that rocks is this: http://www.trifonic.com/2008/11/20/new-music-love-lockdown-trifonic-remix-mp3/

Otherwise no... Most of his songs are comprised completely of samples or are a hodgepodge of mess. Oh, and he's a pompous douche.

Nah Kanye is actually pretty great at sampling. Don't hate on him. Even Daft Punk said that his sampling of HBFS was better than their original version.

No

fucking

way that is happening

I hated that remix more than I've hated most songs.

if you want to hear a good version of HBFS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxf9gn-xoM

Is that music I hear? Chords? Solo leads? Oh my!

And as much as these guys are my heroes - still not as good as the O.G.

God damnit, I hate Kanye West's production.

Just remember, we're not buying Colbert's album for him (even though a portion of every album sale goes to Feeding America), we're doing it because Kayne needs to be taken down a peg, and who better to do it than someone with a bigger ego?

That being said, Colbert's album isn't bad either, if you haven't seen the special yet. "Another Christmas Song" is very catchy, and "Much Worse Things To Believe In" and "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, & Understanding?" are both surprisingly tender songs. So go check it out, anyway.

Even though the crusade will mean nothing because as of right now, Spears and Akon have bumped Kayne down to third album, and Colbert is at fourteen.

Don't underetimate Colbert's influence. We are talking about the guy who surged the voting of that Bridge away from being called Chuck Norris. Away.....from Chuck Norris.

Don't underetimate Colbert's influence. We are talking about the guy who surged the voting of that Bridge away from being called Chuck Norris. Away.....from Chuck Norris.

I'm not doubting Colbert's influence; I'm pointing out that the goal of the crusade was to knock Kayne out of first, not put Colbert there. Since Kayne's not in first anymore, now it would seem that it's for the benefit of having Colbert first.