TheWingless has an iPhone game!!!

The wingless

Hello all!

I helped with the art on a brand new iPhone game and I would *love* if you would all check it out. It's called Beam Chess

beamchess_1.pngbeamchess_2.png

The object of the game is to destroy your opponent's other pieces using your Laser Piece, which shoots a reflective beam that bounces off of white surfaces. It's a little bit chess, a little bit Tactics, and a whole 'lotta kaboom. Oh, and it also has WiFi capabilities too. It's crazy fun, and you should all definitely check it out.

Beam Chess Official Website

I*Tunes page for Beam Chess

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!!

Hmm, I have to pay $10 just for the firmware to buy this game...

I keep seeing you say that but I'm not aware of any fee for upgrading. I had 2.1 and upgraded to 2.2 for free. Do you have something older?

And more on topic, I'm considering picking this up but it read it doesn't have AI. =( Are there any plans to implement an AI opponent feature?

EDIT: And it's $1.99, DarkeSword.

I keep seeing you say that but I'm not aware of any fee for upgrading. I had 2.1 and upgraded to 2.2 for free. Do you have something older?

And more on topic, I'm considering picking this up but it read it doesn't have AI. =( Are there any plans to implement an AI opponent feature?

EDIT: And it's $1.99, DarkeSword.

First gen iPod Touch.

Thanks everybody for their awesome responses. I was hoping I still had some street-cred here. :)

To answer your question, the game is $1.99, mostly because it has that sweet-ass WiFi capabilities to play with your friends. There is no AI yet, but Q. the engineer who designed the game is always thinking of new and exciting things to do with code, so that could change any day now.

So yeah, those of you with your fancy new iphones or ipod touches, grab that shit with the quickness.

Oh, and steal my sig if you'd like to spread the word (just make sure it points to the right link!)

Merry Christmas, YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!!!

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone!

I'm OneGirl, the engineer behind Beam Chess. I'd like to formally apologize for my partner The Wingless being such a tool. Man, what was I thinking teaming up with him. Well, he draws pretty orthogonal lines, anyways. At least he stopped chewing on the sofa.

So for those who asked where the game comes from, no, it's actually not based on the board game Khet. That's an easy assumption to make, since the similarities are hard to miss. It's actually based on an old indie game from the 80's called Laser Chess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Chess

Since wikipedia only has screenshots from some company's own remake of it, here's a shot of the original in all its indie 8-bit glory:

http://www.chessvariants.com/link2.dir/laserchess.gif

For more on the rules and background of the game, you can check out the forums over at:

http://www.quinndunki.com/

Oh, and for those of you who asked about AI, you'll be pleased to know that we've just released version 2.0, which includes two levels of AI opponent! We worked really hard on this new version, and we really hope you like it.

Thanks for checking it out! :razz:

OneGirl

Sweet, I just saw your ad on the OCR homepage. You guys should offer an online flash demo of the game, if it's really as fun as you say it would help get people interested. That... and I want to try this but I don't have anything compatible.