A discussion on 5/4 time

JJT

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that was Victor Borge level genius. The deadpan delivery and lengthy build up leaves you completely unsuspecting. I'm kind of jealous I never thought of anything like this myself.

I don't think it's a joke.

If it is, he is an incredible actor with an extremely developed sense of humor. Find some footage of him doing standup, sketch comedy or anything else besides this video series and I will agree with you, but I'm pretty convinced he's just some poor kid who's way out of his depth.

If he was that talented he wouldn't be wasting himself on legitimate howto websites.

AH!Ahahhahahaha!!! That was priceless. Jeez, it has to be a joke because even I get it and I don't know jack about music (at least compared to the folks who post here on music theory).

He's all like "the most popular song in 5/4 time is a well known song called Take Five" or whatever but unless I am mistaken, isn't the Mission Impossible theme song in 5/4 I am pretty sure that is a better known song

I think he took for granted that, since his youtube title had "Jazz Piano" in it, his listeners would know the songs from one of the most famous jazz albums ever recorded.

I think he took for granted that, since his youtube title had "Jazz Piano" in it, his listeners would know the songs from one of the most famous jazz albums ever recorded.

Take Five is pretty well known. Maybe not as well known, but it does have "five" in the title. It was the first 5/4 song I thought of, in any case. But why nitpick when he's got something so blatantly wrong to make fun of?