VG Opinion Poll #6

glasfen

As promised...

Veteran Gamer Opinion Poll #6

After years of trying to break in the gaming industry, or simply daydreaming about it, you are given the opportunity to work for your favorite developer. They are planning to hire game enthusiasts as the leaders for creating a new game. Since you were chosen first, you get to pick your position. What role would you prefer?

a) producer - oversee the creation, progress, and marketing of the game

B) designer - responsible for the overall look and feel of the game

c) artist - make the game come to life in shape and color

d) composer - give the game its soul and ambience

e) writer - develop the plot and characters

f) programmer - make it work

Vote and be heard!

Results soon. PM me if you have questions or ideas.

I love coming up with ideas for games but I'm not too specific on details like the art style, the music, etc. I especially like to focus on gameplay, because I think everything else falls into play once you have solid gameplay to base it off of. I And I feel that I've got pretty good communication and leadership skills to be able to lead an entire game team.

I'd have to say definitely B) designer but I wouldn't mind taking on some of the responsibilities of the producer. I think marketing is one of the biggest points game publishers miss big on.

B and F. I would mainly want to code, but I wouldn't want to be totally isolated from the design either, just told what to do. Really, unless you're coding to a strict specification, a programmer *is* a designer, and not just from a software architectural perspective.

a) Producer / B) Writer

I've always had a fascination with storytelling and making an interesting twisty turning plot with mysterious characters, politics, fighting, etc.

But I'd also like to craft my own perfect game from a producer standpoint. Impossible to decide, I don't know if I'd be good at either one.

Such arbitrary but great questions.

Thanks mucho! I always appreciate feedback.

Definitely d) composer since that's what I do. Also interested in a) producer if we remove the marketing part... Creative director? :tomatoface:

I'll take a look at your resume and see what I can do.

But seriously, thanks for the votes, folks. I'll total it up tomorrow and hopefully have something new shortly thereafter.