Sign in to follow this  
Antelucan

Distant Worlds touring this summer (San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, Dallas, Baltimore...)

So I am on the Detroit Symphony Orchestra email list, and I just discovered that Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy is visiting my neck of the woods this summer. In fact, it looks like they are performing at a bunch of places in the next few months. I think I might go, since I really have enjoyed the album (it's a steal for $15 at Amazon).

Also, it looks like they are giving away free downloads of Maria and Draco Opera at their website. Check it out: http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/

Here's the old thread from the Distant Worlds concert last year with lots of positive reactions: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14942

Performance dates:

Minneapolis, MN - April 11

Grand Rapids, MI - April 14

Singapore - May 22 & 23

Taipei - May 26 & 27

Detroit, MI - June 18

Dallas, TX - June 21

Baltimore, MD - June 27

Seattle, WA - July 9, 10, & 11

San Francisco, CA - July 18

I was at the world premiere of this tour, in Stockholm, and the concert blew me away. It's really something you should go see, even if you're not an FF fan. I highly recommend it!

Why does Michigan get two dates? Lucky bums.

Probably because they feel bad for us.

YES! They are doing a show in Grand Rapids :D :D That's like...where I live!

I'm so totally going.

HA! Just bought their CD for my brother's birthday 2 weeks ago. Good price too. Speaking of which, I'm only an hour north of detroit. Maybe I'll find a day...

Probably going to be difficult without a job and with Otakon around that neck of the woods, but I'm gonna try and get to the Baltimore one.

Definitely attending the Baltimore concert. Despite having seen VGL a few times as well as PLAY!, I've never been to a Final Fantasy concert before. So I suppose I might as well add that distinction to my 'inventory', too. :-)

Man, I have class so I can't go. I haven't missed a class since starting college in 06'. But for this occasion I would... except that it's a lab and you're not allowed to miss even one.