Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Sindra

Yeah, remember that trailer for that game "Lords of Shadow" that surfaced last year, and how much it looked like Castlevania what with the chain-sword-whip and the Simon Belmont-looking guy?

Looks like it will be, in fact, a Castlevania game.

And Hideo Kojima is involved. That mysterious MASK project that was being hinted towards by Kojima Productions? Yeah, this was it.

And it's being produced by someone *other than* Igarashi. More specifically Dave Cox of Konami Europe, along with MercurySteam.

And it's slated for 2010 on 360 and PS3.

This very well could be the new Symphony of the Night for this generation. If it is, I will be so stoked. Beyond stoked. Uber-stoked.

Wasn't Dracula's origin already explained? He was that Mattias character from Lament of Innocence right?

I like what I'm seeing so far, and I doubt its going to be like God of War. Frenetic combat kinda reminds me of a weird gothic version of Zone of the Enders (and even then, I think that's a stretch).

VO's look solid though. I wonder if they'll make Jason Isaacs Dracula. He's certainly menacing enough in most of his film roles (See: The Patriot)

I will say though that I felt the werewolves were spammed a little too much. At least show a damn floating Medusa head...

Oh wait, even better....A current-gen high rendered...FLEA MAN!!!

I am now having the best day ever.

Wasn't Dracula's origin already explained? He was that Mattias character from Lament of Innocence right?

From the attire of the protagonist and the general style of the game, I'm getting the impression that this occurs somewhere between Lament of Innocence and Castlevania 3 (or Castlevania Legends if you wanna get REAL technical, but that's not canon anymore so...). There's something like a 400 year gap between the two, and Mattias was roaming the world doing...something. Gathering power, one would assume.

A current-gen high rendered...FLEA MAN!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

LOL, I completely ignored Sindra's first post until I read, "it's slated for 2010 on 360 and PS3." Then, I became excited.

But when I read, "This very well could be the new Symphony of the Night for this generation." Now...IT'S ON! HECK YEAH!!!

A current-gen high rendered...FLEA MAN!!!

Probably worse than the damned medusa heads that float around, at least they got a pattern but the flea men? NoooOOOooooo they gotta be all over you like a supermodel over a porcelain bowl and humping on you every chance they get.

>:L

Probably worse than the damned medusa heads that float around, at least they got a pattern but the flea men? NoooOOOooooo they gotta be all over you like a supermodel over a porcelain bowl and humping on you every chance they get.

>:L

That's the point...you're supposed to hate them with a passion, lil' fuckers.