VST, DirectX instruments and effects thread

DM Lee

• 1 month later...
I've tried Virtual bassist and it's not very good, go for hypersonic 2 instead. Tons of great instruments!! Excellent for bass, drums, piano, organ, acoustic guitars, clean electric guitars, synths and string ensembles.

actually i don't know how to use Virtual bassist in FLs.

It didn't follow the notation i made.

damn....not to mention the complicated cracking of the software

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a "waa" voice instrument. I really don't know what it's called, otherwise I would search for it myself. It's the generic chorus humm kind of thing. If anyone has heard "Exit Music (For a Film)" by Radiohead, you get the idea. I'm sure there has to be a free one floating around somewhere. Anyway, I would be muched obliged if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a "waa" voice instrument. I really don't know what it's called, otherwise I would search for it myself. It's the generic chorus humm kind of thing. If anyone has heard "Exit Music (For a Film)" by Radiohead, you get the idea. I'm sure there has to be a free one floating around somewhere. Anyway, I would be muched obliged if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I've never heard the song in question but you can get a good "waaah" sound by playing with a filter's attack, may not be what you're looking for though.

you're looking for a Mellotron choir. try the first thing on this list

if you want good, plunk down for M-Tron or maybe a real Mellotron.

the soundfont i linked to is lousy but tapeworm isn't much better, and it's a cpu hog like the rest of tweakbench's synthedit-ejaculate.

besides, the dude may be using reason, a mac, or not have access to vstis for all i know.

oh but i guess he wouldn't be posting in the VSTi thread if that was the case, hmm.

in conclusion: whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I spent the last few days looking for a good choir/vocal effect, but so far the only one I've heard of was EWQL Symphonic Choir. That's okay and all, except that that program alone is bigger than my entire hard drive AND I need something a little cheaper.

Is there anything like Symphonic Choir but slightly below it in terms of disk space and price? Thanks.