VST, DirectX instruments and effects thread

DM Lee

Ok just tried the MFX wrapper and FL Studio doesn't even recognise it as a VST, so crap.

Do you know of any VST/DX thingy that will allow me to map a CCxx from my midi input device to a CCyy (where xx and yy are channel numbers ). For example when I play a key instead of sending the "velocity" signal, sending for example the "pitch wheel" signal or controlling a filter cutoff and such.

It can be done with mith most VSTi. Read up your keyboard's manual.

my "keyboard" is a casio privia, whose cc channels i had to find out by myself because the casio people haven't a clue as to the workings of their keyboards. Sorry for the weird style, but it just came out of me :P

Could have been done easier:

Tobybear CC# Monitor. Simple and clean.

I can't seem to find that plugin in Tobybear's site nor in KvR. What I managed to find is a plugin called cc mapper but it's only available as a bundled plugin in Minihost. Is it the same plugin?

• 2 weeks later...

which soundfont or other sound file of drumkit likes a Rock Band style?

i mean, when u r listening Green Day, the drum sounds, especailly the snare that i want to make.

i 've tried other drumkit file, no one likes that band sound

DGXDX: I know you are using FL studio, so I'll tell you that you can get some nice rock drum sounds out of FPC, provided you get the effects right. Try putting some very light distortion on the snare, compressing the kick drum a lot, and makign sure the EQ setting on the cymbals - especially the ride - are right. Then make sure you have your velocity settings right, and you should get some nice rock sounds.

NS_kit7 is very nice, though rather large. Just google it to find it.

which soundfont or other sound file of drumkit likes a Rock Band style?

i mean, when u r listening Green Day, the drum sounds, especailly the snare that i want to make.

i 've tried other drumkit file, no one likes that band sound

Try this one:http://www.sf2midi.com/index.php?page=sdet&id=7951, it's the best acoustic drum-soundfont I've heard.

atfer i input the sf2 file, why i can't hear any sound even i click on the virtual keyboard in FLs?

DGXDX: I know you are using FL studio, so I'll tell you that you can get some nice rock drum sounds out of FPC, provided you get the effects right. Try putting some very light distortion on the snare, compressing the kick drum a lot, and makign sure the EQ setting on the cymbals - especially the ride - are right. Then make sure you have your velocity settings right, and you should get some nice rock sounds.

NS_kit7 is very nice, though rather large. Just google it to find it.

so, if i use this drum kit, i still have to add some effect to make it Rock?

also, how can i separate the snare, kick drum etc. with different extent of effects in NS_kit7? is it input 2 times of NS_kit7 and each NS_kit7 is responsible snare and kick drum respectively?

dgxdx: Yes, you usually have to add effects to get a certain sound. If everyone used dry samples, everything would sound really boring. Also, the effects used can help to produce that sound you are giong for. Listen to the style of the music you are trying to produce, and think about the important points that make it sound like that. Then use your effects to make what samples you have available sound like that.

And yes, unless you have a soundfont player that can do multiple outputs, you will have to load up an instance of NS_kit7 for each FX channel you want. So if you want to process the kick, snare and cymbals differently, you would need 3 instances of kit7. Which will really hurt when it comes to RAM. =(

i wonder which bass is the best for u guys, esp in FLs

in FLs, i don't really know which bass is more like a bass guitar. even i used the generator called bass guitar, the sound seems to be far away from the real bass guitar, which is rough and noise.

can somboday give me a suggestion of bass?

• 3 weeks later...

in FLs, i don't really know which bass is more like a bass guitar. even i used the generator called bass guitar, the sound seems to be far away from the real bass guitar, which is rough and noise.

What style of music?

your english is amazing.

btw ghettoflame i think he just wants a bass guitar sound.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1372.html

the best bass guitar emulation i know of.

What style of music?

Rock

your english is amazing.

btw ghettoflame i think he just wants a bass guitar sound.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1372.html

the best bass guitar emulation i know of.

haha, realpolitik, i can feel your "appreciation".

by the way, how can i get it for free legally?