OC ReMix used as hold music

Whiter Liar

earlier today i was on hold with a CSR from 1and1.com as i was filing a complaint about a site hosted under their domain. first i had to sit through the main theme from the terminator movies... you know.... "dun dun dun- dun dun. dun dun dun-dun dun.... doodoodoo- doo-doo-doo... dun dun dun-dun dun" ... but THEN... their hold music was clearly and unmistakably "vampire spanker" by danneman $ silverknekt. it was very ominous. it almost didnt seem real. i IMed DJP telling him, but he never replies, so whatever. i was only telling him in case this violates copyrights, but also just giving props. i just wanted to share this odd experience. i cant even make a song good enough to be accepted here, LET ALONE make it onto someones hold music. epic.

K.B. ... what do you mean "the comparative"? i could give you the number to call yourself. i have been on the phone with them 3 times, and every time i am on hold the terminator theme is the first song, then another random song. they always pick up before the second song is over, and it was the third time i called that vampire spanker came on. so i imagine their hold music doesnt consist of many songs, so im sure it wouldnt take long to hear it.

Flare, oh right... i get that so much sometimes it goes right over my head. its just a name though. one ive been using for a long time, one i created as my "persona" when doing my webshows on blogtv. i used to be just "White Liar", but even though there really isnt much else as far as other people using similar handles, i decided to make it Whiter Liar just so a search doesnt return anything but me. while i didnt really mean to imply that it violated any copyrights by being on their hold music, it just cant be accidental. someone would have purposely placed it in the pool. plus, having once had a PBX/asterisk system running as my home phone line, i am fairly familiar with how hold music and such operates and know that very few companies use services such as Muzak anymore. which would still be odd either way if it was being piped-in from a source like that.

Arcana, to be honest, i have never posted here before, and am really unsure how to navigate the forums, or what to look for. plus, i was mostly just sharing an experience, not really trying to report anything.

i dont know why i am not being taken seriously. call the support line for "1and1" at 877-go1and1 /877-461-2631... choose #3, then #3 again to get to technical support. if they answer right away, ask to be put on hold. (yes, that sounds ridiculous, but whatever) or maybe just tell them outright why youre calling and ask if they know what songs are used as their hold music.

earlier today i was on hold with a CSR from 1and1.com as i was filing a complaint about a site hosted under their domain. first i had to sit through the main theme from the terminator movies... you know.... "dun dun dun- dun dun. dun dun dun-dun dun.... doodoodoo- doo-doo-doo... dun dun dun-dun dun" ... but THEN... their hold music was clearly and unmistakably "vampire spanker" by danneman $ silverknekt. it was very ominous. it almost didnt seem real. i IMed DJP telling him, but he never replies, so whatever. i was only telling him in case this violates copyrights, but also just giving props. i just wanted to share this odd experience. i cant even make a song good enough to be accepted here, LET ALONE make it onto someones hold music. epic.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13711&highlight=Plagiarism

What's with all the replies in this thread? Nobody's claiming they own the song; it doesn't belong in the plagiarism thread. And it's silly to expect a newbie (or anyone else) to search for one of the several old "OMG I heard an OC Remix in a place!" threads and revive it.

i dont know why i am not being taken seriously

Probably because it's in the Off Topic forum, and the thread was derailed in a confusing fashion as of the first reply.

this is definitely off topic...

Prepare for a shocker - threads that have anything to do about music or video games "belong" in the Community subforum for some reason, so prepare to see this thread suddenly disappear from the Off Topic forum in 3... 2... 1...

Ohshit that was minimodding wasn't it

Shit I just did it again

(Doh, not again!)

Time to start enjoying my week off...