OCR01156 - Beatmania IIDX 7th Style "Kick Your A"

djpretzel

This is probably the best remix on the site. Sorry all other remixers but it just seems sooooooooo much work and time was put into the making of this track. The climax's piano is absolutly amazing, along with the high quality string stabs and synth rolls. Very very very good.

I much prefered "After Me" to "Kick Your A". They're both great remixes of great benami songs. I can't go all indepth about how good this one is: I've never taken a music class, nor had the money to learn how to write music. However, I can tell you one flaw I find in this remix: The bass is far too high. If you listen to the original by Dj. Amuro, there's virtually no bass. One instance of this annoying me a bit is at 2:50 through 3:33. The bass overpowers the piano's build up and climax. Perhaps I'm just not used to the whole bass thing yet.

Getting away from possibly insulting you: Do you have any plans of making a remix of Taka's song, "V", in the future? With your talent, you could make that song sound more grand than it already is...

hmm this mix was ok but like, it's not something I play often. It definately didn't get my riled up the way that your Genso Suikoden Forgotten Daze remix did. (Which I must thank you for, it got me through organic chemistry. Trust me, there is NOTHING funner than enolate synthesis while listening to GSFD pumped up loud). Anyhoo, it's just a matter of taste nothing personal. You're still my third favorite remixer behind Starblast and Pretzel.

Do you have any plans of making a remix of Taka's song, "V", in the future? With your talent, you could make that song sound more grand than it already is...

If he remixed V, he wouldn't be remixing V, he would be remixing Winter. Winter is a pretty bland song, V isn't as spectacular as you think it is. I know SGX's style and I know how he progresses and a song like V wouldn't make a good SGX mix. I know a few songs that would (revolutionary etude hip hop), but he didn't want to do them.

PS: It's "bemani", not "benami".

If he remixed V, he wouldn't be remixing V, he would be remixing Winter. Winter is a pretty bland song, V isn't as spectacular as you think it is. I know SGX's style and I know how he progresses and a song like V wouldn't make a good SGX mix. I know a few songs that would (revolutionary etude hip hop), but he didn't want to do them.

Yeah, I found out later, after downloading V, that it is in fact, a remix of "Le Quattro Stagiono L'inverno" by Vivaldi, translating to The Four Seasons Winter.

You suggested songs to him? I'm surprised no one has suggested a remix of Dynamite Rave- it's versatile enough to be done in his style, and it's a classic, like B4U was... it's overrated, say a lot of DDR players. Well, I'm off. I'm probably annoying y'all anyway. And suggesting a remix of that song on here's a bit dumb. Someone would pick it up eventually. And I'm pretty sure there was a DDR remixing thread, wasn't there?

I don't think I'll be mixing any more Bemani tunes any time soon. I don't like most of the music (I didn't like B4U....that mix started as a joke), though the original A is a pretty tight song. I also didn't really want to hit more than one song from a particular series of games (though I may do Panzer Dragoon again). So, people can like stop requesting Bemani songs from me ;). The answer will 99.9% be no. Glad you like the mix though!

• 1 month later...

This is simply one of the best techno remixes I've heard on this site. There's a lot going on all at once. Towards the end where the rapid-fire piano comes in, the piece gets really interesting. Good job SuperGreenX, I might as well get up and start dancing :D

This song is almost magically flowing, perfectly combining violin, hard synth, breakbeat, and that piano bit in the middle that tears up the soundscape. Great work.

I have to say, though, that I preferred your work on "More Than A Weapon" to this particular remix. The vocals that you added from the game itself were immensely mood-enhancing, and they just make me want to, seriously, break out. So powerful. If you can, try and add more vocals to your songs. That would increase their power tenfold.

SGX ownz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Nothing else I can say man.... Im getting chills!!!!

Haha, I had them from the first note. A is one of my all-time favourite songs as it is. This remix does it MAD justice. They need this on the game.

...Just wow.

This has to be one of the best re-mixes i have ever heard... the layering on it is pretty much seamless, in the beginning the background strings are magnificent, and this re-mix never feels unbalanced as if one component is attempting to over-run the other, the build up to the climax is spectacular and the piano part near the end is well placed... over-all an awesome re-mix...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01156 - Beatmania IIDX 7th Style "Kick Your A"