OCRA-0017 - Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business

Bahamut

Gotta say that this is an enjoyable album (moreso than some of the other recent album releases from you guys), but I have one bitch:

Monkey Merengue is not a fucking arrange of the song. It's a great tune. It really is, but it feels more "inspired by" the track than an actual arrangement of it. As such, it has no place on an arrange album. Maybe I'm nuts.

I mean, it's clearly related to the original, but neither the melody nor a semblance of the actual chord progression in the tune appear throughout its length. It's more of an original tune inspired by the Bonus Intro than an arrange of said song. It's like if I called the metal intro riff that I have running around in my head that's an amalgam of the individual band sounds of Mercenary and The Diablo Swing Orchestra, and that vaguely resembles one of the colossus fight tunes from Shadow of the Colossus an arrange. It's not. It's inspired by, or derived from, but it's not an arrange.

Still. Enjoyable album, which is saying something since I'm not the hugest fan of the originals (still prefer the DKC3 ost), and I love the last tune with all of the Rare guys putting in. Fantastic. And again: Monkey Merengue is a REALLY good song. It really is. Quality-wise, sound-wise, it's great. It's just not an arrange.

Honestly, I have no clue what you're talking about. The melody from the original is very clearly audible throughout the entire mix. It's as much an arrangement as.... well, as anything else on this site.

Scratch that... it's similar... but it's still an arrange...

ar·range·ment [uh-reynj-muhnt]

–noun

6.Music .

a. the adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments, or to a new purpose.

b. a piece so adapted.

Before you start calling things that are arrangements not, kindly read the definition I just provided. Every single song on this entire website, by definition, is an arrangement. And yes, the source is highly prevalent. In fact, I think it might be one of the most source-faithful tracks on the album! ^_^

Edited by Mirby

all the download mirrors for Castle Crescendo dont work. if i listen to them on iTunes it will skip to the end of the song after getting almost half way through it. i want this song! can someone help?

OH! and this hole album is awesome although i don't really like the ones with lyrics.

OH! and this hole album is awesome although i don't really like the ones with lyrics.

Yeah I think that lyrics are like a double-edge blade, if they works, they're great, if they don't...this would probably ruin the song.

In my opinion not all the singed mix were bad anyway :) I enjoyed the updated version of "Monkeys Disarm Your Kremlings" or whatever...

all the download mirrors for Castle Crescendo dont work. if i listen to them on iTunes it will skip to the end of the song after getting almost half way through it. i want this song! can someone help?

Check again. the first mirror worked for me just now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't express how absolutely floored I am with the overall precision, talent & charisma this entire 3-disc effort has put forth. Speechless with how well the ensemble group of artists and production team has melded the intense cauldron of genres and tones with of each piece of work. Amazing soundscape as a whole.

• 3 weeks later...
Listening to this again, I realized how much of a downer album it is. The only songs that aren't depressing are Rare Respite, Monkey Merengue (my two personal favs) and that Geoffrey Taucer vocal collab

Yeah, you're weird. That's not accurate at all. :lol:

Oh wait, you're right. It's totally depressing hearing "HEY, it's the party song. Party's over here. C'MON!"

man, you guys are fast. actually, i was just listening to it again and realized, "you know what, this isn't that depressing. there are a lot of uppier songs". But overall, the album still seems kind of zoned out/downer. I feel sad when i finish listening to it :puppyeyes:. That's not to say i don't like the album. it just means i shouldn't listen to it if i'm already feeling down

• 1 month later...

Here. Click on the zip file link thing.

Or you might just have to learn what torrents are and how they work. If the problem is that all you're getting is a small file that does nothing and think that's weird, you don't know how torrents work. That file contains what the torrent client needs to download the files from other users.

if your torrent problems stem from being behind a firewall or your ISP has blocked torrent traffic, ignore the second paragraph and just go for the zip. :D