Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

Holy mother of god did we just get an updated WIP for this project?

I think we did.

And I can say with confidence that it's good. Damn good, even. Theophany's made quite a splash on OCR this last month and when he's teaming up with the incredibly-talented Jeff Ball and OCR-legend Harmony, the result is nothing short of brilliant. This is the 5th time that Jason has delivered a genre-bending, pristinely-produced, emotional remix for the project that lives up to the reputation he's built for himself with his recent Metroid mixes. In short, thanks to Theophany for being one of the key factors in making this album what it is today. Your efforts are appreciated more than you know :-)

Just in the interest of full disclosure, right now we're waiting on Theophany to put the finishing touches on his track (and possibly get one more instrumentalist on board) and do some nifty gapless playback work to merge it with mine and Cody's Game Over arrangement, Prophecy to finish up Enchanted (no idea where this one is at right now) Theophany to whip up a bonus remix of Water World with a more ambient spin (since the main album version, while being an absolutely mindblowing arrangement, does get pretty aggressive at times, which might not be what everyone's hoping for in a remix of Water World) and Tweek to finish up his mix for Chase SNES if he's still on board... I haven't heard from him in ages.

On the music front, that's pretty much it. Everything else is locked in and ready for evaluation. Art, trailer, and website are still lagging behind, not much progress to speak of there. Hopefully this will change soon, we got a mockup sketch for the front cover the other day and it's got massive potential to be incredibly awesome. I've got full confidence that Mav will handle it with the utmost care and effort :-)

I feel like a broken record here because this is pretty much the exact same thing I said months ago. But we are making some progress, and I can ultimately say that Theophany's track alone will make all this waiting worth it, not to mention all of the other goodies that are still not quite ready yet.

Much love, everybody. Your continued patience and support is immensely appreciated <3

Hmmm, you know, that's not a half bad idea. If it really pushes that late, releasing within a week or two of Christmas (or at least on Christmas vacation) might actually be a viable idea. Would be pretty cool if it worked out that way :-)

Ohh noo... I shouldn't have given this idea ... :banghead:

These won't even be finish evaluated by then.

Just sayin, I've seen small projects take a few months, and this one is like 5x bigger -- MMX, DKC3, Wild Arms

Kindly stop making posts like this, you have no idea what you're talking about and I'd rather you stop spreading hearsay/conjecture when you're not even on the project staff. I don't know how long the evaluation phase will take or when we'll be able to release, and I'm the director AND OCR staff. You are neither of these things.

You may very well be right in the end, but posting your mildly-educated guesses is just building up expectations without a lot of foundation to them... and that's my job!

I don't know how long the evaluation phase will take or when we'll be able to release, and I'm the director AND OCR staff. You are neither of these things.

Yeah, you've got a point -- it IS a staff album after all :-P

That may not be what you meant but that's how it came across to me anyway... I would concede and agree with you that I'm only mildly educated when it comes to this, but staff was telling me half a year ago to not even expect a release until 2012. If it's a whole different set of standards for a staff album then I stand corrected. :whatevaa:

Yeah, you've got a point -- it IS a staff album after all :-P

I know what you're implying here, and for the record, lemme state that this project is not a staff project in the sense that staff uses it in. This has gone through all the normal channels; I submitted it for approval in the beginning, it's going to have to go through evaluation like every other project and it'll be on a waiting list just like every other project. We're not going to jump the queue and it's not going to get special treatment, like you rudely stated over AIM. I find that kind of insulting.