Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

In all, if you enjoyed the original preview, I feel this one's worth a listen. Hopefully this'll suffice in the meantime for all of you awaiting the final video preview :D

Awesome! Definitely worth a listen. :smile: This gives me a whole lot of satisfaction. Much appreciated. Can't wait for the final preview and the album!

Oh man the preview has me even more stoked for the album now, really can't wait for it now. I know the Christmas release date is so close, but it feels like it's been a while and I'm really anxious to hear this one be complete. 4 discs of DKC3 music goodness will be a great present indeed! You guys all did a good job that's for sure :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've given Emunator a LOT of abuse with jokes about how "the dkc3 soundtrack sucks!" and things of that nature. But I was just trollnig him, and I wouldn't have done 2 songs for this album if I thought the music was lame. And I am REALLY looking forward to the release of this album, not just to hear everyone's amazing songs, but for people to hear my songs (I think Let it Beat is my most polished remix ever).

^ your mixes really "define" what Double the Trouble is about, if that makes sense. Let it Beat is a nice, mellow way to progress into the album after the "epic" opening track, and Unbearable's just about everything one could ever wish for from the source (oh, and Funky's Joint is an interesting take with nice work on the bass). But most importantly, they all have that classic "DKC3" feel that lives true to the nature of the original soundtrack, and that sits really well with me.

^ your mixes really "define" what Double the Trouble is about, if that makes sense. Let it Beat is a nice, mellow way to progress into the album after the "epic" opening track, and Unbearable's just about everything one could ever wish for from the source (oh, and Funky's Joint is an interesting take with nice work on the bass). But most importantly, they all have that classic "DKC3" feel that lives true to the nature of the original soundtrack, and that sits really well with me.

I missed this post~! Thanks man... :-) I don't think any of them passed ocr but hopefully people like 'em and don't think they're terrible and that I defiled dkc3

I missed this post~! Thanks man... :-) I don't think any of them passed ocr but hopefully people like 'em and don't think they're terrible and that I defiled dkc3

You defiled DKC3. We are forever cursed to play the game and hear your remixes looping in our heads instead of the OST while we play...

just kidding dude. Can't wait to hear it all!

The Judges' Decisions topic lists 13 singles, the latest being Can't Boss Us Around! FINALLY that track gets past the panel! It was a long time coming, so a big congratulations to the one who made it.

Now, any chance Enchanted, Blast Beatdown, Epic Bananas, or Heart of the Cave could get singled?

The Judges' Decisions topic lists 13 singles, the latest being Can't Boss Us Around! FINALLY that track gets past the panel! It was a long time coming, so a big congratulations to the one who made it.

Now, any chance Enchanted, Blast Beatdown, Epic Bananas, or Heart of the Cave could get singled?

That's mostly me (in terms of arrangement, ambience and most of the sampling), Flexstyle did the finishing touches and re-did the beat, as well as added the cool filter effects and such...okay so he did a lot too :3

Also, I hope the rest of the album makes it through, as I've sifted through the lot of it as well - I liked it all too :nicework:

Those aren't necessarily the ones going to be posted on the front page first; in fact, there are more than likely numerous other tracks that will be direct-posted when the album is released. Just saying. :)

Having been listening to this album for the last several months, I can assure you all...it's gonna be one of the best to ever hit OCR.

It's not really fair to brag about how great the album is when most of us can't get it for a few more months :(

I'll just have to bide my time with the Wily Remix Gauntlet and Mavericks Rising (assuming it's released before this one).

Heart of the Cave, not without an edit for length and cohesiveness. The arrangement is a meandering mess, tho it could probably be shortened to something more directed and cohesive enough for ocr. If I have time.

It's not really fair to brag about how great the album is when most of us can't get it for a few more months :(

I'll just have to bide my time with the Wily Remix Gauntlet and Mavericks Rising (assuming it's released before this one).

Project mebers dont een have it yet... wink wink...

by the way this netbook is terrible

Yeah, as tempted as I was to post something similar, I kinda refrained from doing so for that very reason, lol. But what I will say is that the album will absolutely entirely be worth the wait. I say that not only as a fan of quality music, but as a Donkey Kong Country / Eveline Fischer / David Wise fan.

Don't worry though, it'll be here before you know it, and I can almost bet everything that it won't disappoint :D

Heart of the Cave, not without an edit for length and cohesiveness. The arrangement is a meandering mess, tho it could probably be shortened to something more directed and cohesive enough for ocr. If I have time.

I think I already said this in the thread a few months ago (at least I can somewhat recall doing so), but the current album version of Heart of the Cave is probably my favorite of the GBA remixes. I find myself lost in the depths of thought, contemplation and, at times, emptiness, all of which provide a nice juxtaposition between the blend of warm, nostalgic vibes the track gives off. I never want the track to end and I oftentimes put it on repeat to go through the same musical journey over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some nice preview material coming your way tonight courtesy of Cody and myself, I know it's been a long time since we've shown anything or given any updates on the project and that's largely due to a lack of progress on the backend, but tonight we'll be releasing another video preview with 4 never-before-heard songs, and we'll be showing off a full track as well :-) Stay tuned!

I gotta say, I've been digging through my folder of DK3 project-related stuff, and I'm thinking we'll need to release a "Komplete Edition" of the project since putting all of the material that we've got into the official .torrent would just be overkill. Here's a list of all the goodies we've got to release:

• FLACs and MP3s in both gapless playback and individual track form.
  • A Bonus Disc with 9 additional remixes and 4 alternate versions/karaoke versions of other album tracks.
  • Official album artwork package
  • 6 additional claymation dioramas depicting various scenes from the game (you already saw one of them last Christmas!)
  • Custom sprite artwork banners for every track on the project, plus an additional poster made for Christmas 2009 and the tracklist image you see in the original post currently.
  • Various other unused art assets or sprite art.
  • Official project trailer, and 5+ different video/audio previews
  • A dozen or so WIPs that were never seen to completion.
  • Some other things that may pop up.

This special remastered platinum collector's edition retails for $59.99, but through this special TV offer it can be yours for the low, low price of-- *shot*

Seriously though, this project is massive and it's dawning on me just how much stuff there is relating to the album. It's crazy.

Stay tuned for later tonight when we unleash a flurry of other preview materials for your enjoyment! :-D

Got some nice preview material coming your way tonight courtesy of Cody and myself, I know it's been a long time since we've shown anything or given any updates on the project and that's largely due to a lack of progress on the backend, but tonight we'll be releasing another video preview with 4 never-before-heard songs, and we'll be showing off a full track as well :-) Stay tuned!

I gotta say, I've been digging through my folder of DK3 project-related stuff, and I'm thinking we'll need to release a "Komplete Edition" of the project since putting all of the material that we've got into the official .torrent would just be overkill. Here's a list of all the goodies we've got to release:

• FLACs and MP3s in both gapless playback and individual track form.
  • A Bonus Disc with 9 additional remixes and 4 alternate versions/karaoke versions of other album tracks.
  • Official album artwork package
  • 6 additional claymation dioramas depicting various scenes from the game (you already saw one of them last Christmas!)
  • Custom sprite artwork banners for every track on the project, plus an additional poster made for Christmas 2009 and the tracklist image you see in the original post currently.
  • Various other unused art assets or sprite art.
  • Official project trailer, and 5+ different video/audio previews
  • A dozen or so WIPs that were never seen to completion.
  • Some other things that may pop up.

This special remastered platinum collector's edition retails for $59.99, but through this special TV offer it can be yours for the low, low price of-- *shot*

Seriously though, this project is massive and it's dawning on me just how much stuff there is relating to the album. It's crazy.

Stay tuned for later tonight when we unleash a flurry of other preview materials for your enjoyment! :-D

Awesome! TAKE MY SHOTS! *fills a shot glass and hands it*

That's the low price, right? :3