Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

DKC3 does not advocate the cool cool act of using drugs

True Story: Funky's Joint was going to be a full on vocal track about Funky's Joint being an actual product, banana-flavored weed. But I had a sound effect at the end of the song of a woman saying "Oh yes, wow!" As if she had enjoyed the joint. Emunator got all high and mighty and was like "NO SOUND THAT IS EVEN REMOTELY SEXUAL IS ALLOWED ON THIS ALBUM" and I kept trying to explain it's not a sex sound, it's a post-weed-smoke sound of enjoyment. But Noooo he didn't understand, and Funky's Joint is half a song as a result. :-)

So drugs = ok

Idea of sex = bad

I can safely say that no illegal drugs were used on the production side of this album, but much caffeine was consumed and many horrible puns were made. Emu will attest to this.

Hahahaha, soooo much caffeine. And the puns... they were just bad at first but like anything, they've got a way of groan on ya' ;-)

Seriously though, this must be one of the first times that a lot of the backend album work has actually been done in person, and it's infinitely more fun that way :-) Mike's been totally awesome throughout this whole process, giving me rides, allowing me to crash for up to 2 or 3 days at a time at his place, showing me all sorts of cool places to eat, and generally keeping things entertaining... it's been one of the best parts of the whole album experience :-) For a guy who hasn't even played DKC3 to dedicate that much time to making songs, fixing other songs, mastering things, and making sure the final release package is as stellar as it can be is pretty commendable.

tl;dr Flex is a pretty awesome dude, give him money or something! :-P

I for one was completely lucid while remixing. Where I live, it's not wise to use drugs. According to our legislation, you get one hand chopped off if you get caught.

I'm not kidding.

The tracklist looks awesome! That must have been a lot of work! Are those images meant just for this thread or are they part of the album artwork?

I can't believe you fell for that one. XD XD XD

Where do you think I live, in the Middle Ages? HAHAHA.

Oh, how nice of you to do that! I think it would be good to have those images included in the artwork folder, though. I love the "personalized" pictures next to the song titles!

... *pokerface* You got me good, hahaha.

So should I assume that was all a trick and you really were heavily under the influence the whole time you made your song? :-P

And I'll just say that the little thumbnails next to each track should serve as a bit of a preview of their own... ;-) I wasn't entirely sure what you meant by "images," but to clarify, the tracklist pictures themselves are just for the thread, the thumbnails are a different matter...

So should I assume that was all a trick and you really were heavily under the influence the whole time you made your song? :razz:

Are you crazy? My imagination's way out of control as it is. I like being lucid. =D

I wasn't entirely sure what you meant by "images," but to clarify, the tracklist pictures themselves are just for the thread, the thumbnails are a different matter...

Oh yeah, that was a little unclear. I meant the whole tracklist images, not just the thumbnails. It's good to know they'll be used for a greater purpose, though!

The artwork looks very original, judging by what we've seen so far!

I thought you were serious too. They do still do that in many countries, but its mostly for stealing. You don't wanna know what happens to sex offenders...

Yeah, or being gay :| I have no idea what the political climate is like in Slovenia but I wouldn't put it past some countries to take a hand for drug use (no offense meant, in any way!)

And yes, the artwork for this project is gonna be off-the-hook. Some of it's still in development but rest assured it will be SWEET when we start to get more previews that we can share!

OK, just to clarify--we're a completely normal European country. No wars, no violence, no crazy laws, and no tyrants, but a lot of forests and a beautiful river that was featured in the second Narnia movie. =D

There's no hand-chopping in Europe. At least not legally enforced!

Let's get back to Donkey Kong, this is not the place to discuss wacky politics. =D

Who's making the trailer that's usually released on Youtube before the album comes out?

OK, just to clarify--we're a completely normal European country. No wars, no violence, no crazy laws, and no tyrants, but a lot of forests and a beautiful river that was featured in the second Narnia movie. =D

There's no hand-chopping in Europe. At least not legally enforced!

Let's get back to Donkey Kong, this is not the place to discuss wacky politics. =D

Who's making the trailer that's usually released on Youtube before the album comes out?

Probably Drew Gurley, the same guy who's doing the webpage

Actually, my guess is that José will tackle the release preview, Drew is just handling the teaser video that we're releasing on our own. We haven't started work on the actual trailer, which will be a lot less about showcasing individual songs (the teaser we're working on has approximately 30 second clips accompanied with game footage) and more about advertising the project as a whole. What we're going to release soon will be a lot more like the video preview we've already put out, except... prettier :-)

EDIT: Sniped!

It's hard to read the words on the artwork in first post.. I know most people probably won't agree... but most people probably don't have eyesight as bad as mine. :cry: I usually opt for better contrast just for peeps like me with those issues. Blue on blue with a small black outline, or white on light blue, is general bad idea... Red on maroon? xD Well alright.

Sorry for the delay everybody :-( It sucks and we're getting lapped by a bunch of other projects, which pushes our release window back further and further everytime another project wraps up... all I can do is promise you it'll be worth it even more than you could expect from the previews and tracklist that we've dropped so far.

"A bad game is bad forever, but a delayed game will eventually be good"--Shigeru Miyamoto

A bad album is bad forever, but a delayed album will eventually be good. 8)

If the preview video doesn't come out before Page 100, I'm going to relentlessly beat each and every one of you over the head with my near-infinite patience. I will also wait you to death! :-x

Brootal.

If this ain't out by MAGFest and Westin goes to MAGFest, i will throw water on him... gather it out of the gaylord fountain

If the preview video doesn't come out before Page 100, I'm going to relentlessly beat each and every one of you over the head with my near-infinite patience. I will also wait you to death! :-x

Can you define "each and every one of you" please? :)

Wes and I did our share of the preview over 3 months ago (he synced 11 minutes of remixes with SNES/GBA gameplay footage I recorded to accompany the video). We've been waiting this whole time on Drew Gourley to make the preview really shine, and to be honest the wait shouldn't be much longer now (I know, I know, we keep saying that, but it's the truth :P)

8-19 edit: Wes, why you no update thread with bonus disc icons? :P