Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

Global-Trance was kind enough to show me the correct way to use Wolverine and Hulk. By using me as the helpless punching bag. :oops:

Seriously though, good games. I'd challenge you to a rematch tomorrow if I wasn't going to have a couple friends over. I'm so excited, I'll get to play this game with other people in the same room as me!

That's why you don't use the mic.

I won 6 of 8 matches online today (though unranked, so my win percentage did not improve). The kid was about my skill level, but he basically used the same few canned combos with Dante and Wolverine, and when I beat him, he brought out Sentinel... And then I still beat him. I used 3 different characters every round.

I am seriously getting annoyed by online though since every single team has Dante, Deadpool, or Wolverine. I have not seen a single MODOK user yet, not to mention Hsien-ko and Thor.

when I beat him, he brought out Sentinel

that's how online generally goes

I have not seen a single MODOK user yet, not to mention Hsien-ko and Thor.

I'm going to learn to play as MODOK to single handedly solve that problem. Hsien-ko is sort of difficult to play as, and Thor isn't as easy to play as as Sentinel.

So, X-23 can cancel any of her grounded normals into her feint jumps, as some of you have seen fighting me. New trick: if you're holding S prior to performing the feint prep she instantly cancels the feint back to a standing position...

...giving her a 1 frame recovery for all of her standing normals, hit or miss. C (cancel) C (cancel) C combos, for instance -- as does ABC (cancel) ABC...without X-Factor. Or if it's blocked, C (cancel) is only -1 on block now. Happy!

It (so far) doesn't seem to open up a lot of new damaging options except the the triple C into launcher, which gives her 555,000 off of one meter instead of 477,000 that I usually do. Since the 477,000 is guaranteed I'll probably still continue to take it anyway -- it just is a nice way of making her moves much safer on block.

I won 6 of 8 matches online today (though unranked, so my win percentage did not improve). The kid was about my skill level, but he basically used the same few canned combos with Dante and Wolverine, and when I beat him, he brought out Sentinel... And then I still beat him. I used 3 different characters every round.

I am seriously getting annoyed by online though since every single team has Dante, Deadpool, or Wolverine. I have not seen a single MODOK user yet, not to mention Hsien-ko and Thor.

Yeah I agree lol.

I saw one MODOK today. Bitch just spammed analyze cubes............

I use Hsien-ko, I Should be on this week if you want to play

Not sure if it's useful, but C. Viper can cancel her thunderpunches by feinting them after they hit.

It's useful to make them safer, assuming that feinting them recovers faster than the natural recovery. You should probably feint-cancel EVERY blocked one (and jump cancel the ones that hit so you can combo them, iirc).

That is odd that there is a lot of Wolverine and Deadpool online when they hardly show up in higher level play. They aren't evem broken characters. And I am surprised there is a lack of Thor. There is plenty of early established Thor tech that is devastating and his health is second to only Sentinel... in theory he is a good pick overall. But I suppose people don't like the fact that his beam projectile has the slowest start up. That isn't what he's for though.

That is odd that there is a lot of Wolverine and Deadpool online when they hardly show up in higher level play. They aren't evem broken characters. And I am surprised there is a lack of Thor. There is plenty of early established Thor tech that is devastating and his health is second to only Sentinel... in theory he is a good pick overall. But I suppose people don't like the fact that his beam projectile has the slowest start up. That isn't what he's for though.

Speaking from a noob's perspective, I find that Wolverine and Deadpool are my choices when I need a speedy character to compensate for my general lack of knowledge of efficient play. Choosing the right moves that will be able to execute before you get hit is very important, and if you don't know those moves, you'll need a fast, in-your-face fighter to compensate.

Also, Thor is awesome, but his attacks are very close range, which again from a noob's perspective is pretty difficult because you try to keep your distance, which characters like Dante, Wolverine, and Deadpool let you do.

That is odd that there is a lot of Wolverine and Deadpool online when they hardly show up in higher level play.

I don't suppose the thought that people actually like those characters and want play as them ever crossed your mind?

Of course, higher level people would never let something strange like that get in the way of their tiers and priority lists.

I don't suppose the thought that people actually like those characters and want play as them ever crossed your mind?

Of course, higher level people would never let something strange like that get in the way of their tiers and priority lists.

That wasn't what I was really trying to get at. But let's face it. There is a considerable amount of players online, both good or bad, that will just gravitate to certain characters because all they want to do is win forever and can't take a loss.

And the game is two weeks old so I don't think there is even a solid tier list to go on yet. Just gimmicks.