Super Mario Galaxy 2

JoeFu

It really does. I think Nintendo must have used some gaming magic to make all the sound effect be in time to the music, and in some cases (Like coins) the same chord.

You know, people always mock Nintendo for making casual games like wii music, or just making accessories and they go on to sell their Wii. But when Nintendo puts their mind to something, they make some of the most fun, accessible, polished, perfectly executed and beautiful games of all time.

Yes, I said beautiful. Call of Duty 5 has better graphics, sure, but it isn't beautiful.

It really does. I think Nintendo must have used some gaming magic to make all the sound effect be in time to the music, and in some cases (Like coins) the same chord.

They've actually been doing this in a lot of their games since Wind Waker. It's pretty awesome.

Wii Music was pretty much based on the same concept.

REALLY looking forward to Galaxy 2 now :<

this game probably arrived in the mail today

too bad i'm at an airport outside D.C. about to fly to japan FOR A MONTH ffffffffffff

not like i wont enjoy the trip but fuck. its just gonna be sitting there

edit: dont you lecture me about my priorities biotch

Not really big spoilers or anything, but...

Yeesh, some of these prankster comets can be tough. Namely been block and that giant mario in the S world. I've died many times on them. Got past beat block though, still working on that giant mario. :|

I'm at 110 stars exactly. Can't really be sure I'll go after the greenies much, in fact I may just try to get all the stars in Galaxy 1 (only ever got like 80ish). But DAMN was this game good.

Yeesh, some of these prankster comets can be tough. Namely been block and that giant mario in the S world. I've died many times on them. Got past beat block though, still working on that giant mario. :|

Beat Block Double Time...more like quadruple time. With lots of frantic midair calculations. Oh no, the block's going to disappear...quick, spin! Whoo, saved that jum--MARIO HURRY UP AND LAND BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS AGAIN AAAAAAAA

Holy crap I'm breezing through this game, got it yesterday for my birthday and now I have 84 stars and I'm not even done with World 5.

Hopefully those Green Stars or whatever are as hard as the internet says they are, I haven't had any real trouble with any star yet, and that's just disappointing. There's been times I've died 10 or 20 times for a star, yes (rolling star ball level), but it's still relatively simple.

I'm kind of glad I'm not yelling at the game as much as I did in the first game (fuck those manta ray races), but I kind of wish there was more of the frantic type of things like some of the purple coin comets in the first one... oh I guess I'll never be satisfied.

I'm slightly disappointed with this game, it feels too easy. I have 119stars (can't believe I missed the Comet Coin on Throwback Throwdown) after about a week of off&on casual gaming. I'm curious to see if there's anything beyond SWorld and if there isn't, well its a pretty game to say the least.

There's another 120 green stars after you beat Bowser w/the first 120 stars mwahaha

I have about 162 stars now, the green stars are actually pretty fun. There's no bullshit puzzles or nothing they're just hidden in weird places or you have to do impressive feats of near-suicidal acrobatics. 2-3 in each world. Good little time waster, still not as challenging as I hoped but some of them actually make you think 'how on earth do I get that one' so that's good. I wonder what the reward at the end of it all is.