OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

That link doesn't work, and it's a shame because I want to hear more of your stuff, since you only have _1_ song on OCRemix, and that version 2 wasn't that great compared to number 1.

As for the remix, woah. This is one catchy song. At first, I was like "...What the hell?" now I'm looping it like crazy. It's one catchy song, I'll tell you that! Excellent job!

Nope, sorry, the first version is better. This is a lot like when Silent went back to redo In the Atrium. While you think you're making it better, you're taking away the charm that mix had to begin with. The second version sounds too dark and at times, there isn't a lot going on. There's some volume problems, the vocals being too quiet while the drums are overly loud in others. Personally, I liked the bridge better when there were lyrics. The guitar chugging isn't that great sounding, either. If anything, I want to say this sounds almost like a sellout version, however detrimental that may be.

...that sound like Windows commited an error stuck out like a sore thumb. In fact, I thought my computer was actually going to crash.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but on the second go-around of the chorus, I'm hearing a piano. Am I right on that? I like that.

I love the original version, however. Enthusiastic, empowering, very rockin'. There are some elements that you could take from this newer version to combine with the old one to make an all-around awesome, straight up badass mix. I like the ending on the new one better and if I'm right with the piano being in the chorus, I'd say add those to the original and make sure the production is tight on all ends and you'd have quite possibly one of the greatest, if not the greatest remix ever.

when I first listened to this song, I thought it was rad. I still think its rad.

I now have a few reservations however.

while they are fine, I would like there to have been more snap to the snare, and pop to the bass drum. The drums also seem kind of low mixed.

This song screams I want to do a bass solo.

otherwise this song is 100% awesome. Great attention to transforming a well known peice into something new and exciting.

• 1 month later...

Wow. This tune is awesome man. Makes me wanna train or work out or beat my friend's ass in Street Fighter or Capcom vs. SNK 2. Vocal mixes have serious potential to suck, but thankfully this one doesn't. It's definitely one of my faves. Realize your Ken, everybody, and DOWNLOAD THIS SONG!

Edit: I like your rather than you're as well. Has an Engrish feel, in a good way.

He, he... I loved to listen to this song. It brought me back some almost forgotten memories... When I played with my friends Street Fighter II. All the music from that game, although it sounded a bit simple at the beginning, was adecuate to the places where you could hear it.

Good job, man. :)

This is by far my favorite remix of all the available remixes on this site. I find myself humming this tune throughout the day, and it's been quite some time since I've downloaded this song from the site.

When I first saw this song had lyrics, I figured I would be quickly closing it once the vocalist starting singing, but I was very, very wrong. The lyrics were funny, well made, and sung well for this genre.

This is a superb remix. Excellent. Wonderful. Yes, oh yes.

100m.jpg

This mix is really, really good, surprisingly. I'm not a big fan of lyrics, or in that case, all rock music, but this one clicked for some reason. I wanted the theme to come out mroe often at 0:34, but that's just because it was so balanced with everything else. Amazing work here.

• 1 month later...

Just awesome. Let it be known I typically stay away from remixes with lyrics. This, among a few others, would be an exception. Insanely catchy, well made with purposely cheesy lyrics that surprisingly aren't as cheesy when you love the remix. I highly suggest grabbing this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

you can go for weeks listening to the same OC Remixes over and over again then comes that one new mix that you haven't heard yet and it sparks your interest in mixes again. This is one of those mixes that just amazes you with what people can do with video game music. A very impressive remix with an awesome vocal job. A must hear.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"