3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

Warriors of Light was traditional FF style. I never got to play that much of it, but from what I understand it was essentially FFV job system meets FFIII turn-based with a bit more stylized FFIII DS visuals(if you can get anymore stylized).

Also, just beat Kingdom Hearts 3DS earlier today and holy shit was that some amazing game. Now I'm on a Kingdom Hearts kick and very much looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3.

It has a great chippy soundtrack, but each character can only hold 15 items.

Also that was a great game. :3

...what

I thought Chain of Memories did that already :whatevaa:

Sorry, I ment 2 & 3. Derp. It did explain why some stuff in 1 & 2 happened though.

And I only got halfway through BBS, so I'm probably missing out on a few notes, I'm glad the game did give a synopsis of all of them, that helped. I'll probably just have to run though this again to catch the little details.

How bout that secret boss eh? Brutal.

Have a list of releases 'til 2013. I italicized games to look forward to.

Nintendo 3DS

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Angry Birds Trilogy - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Bratz: Fashion Boutique - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Skylanders Giants - Oct. 21

Activision Publishing, Inc. - TRANSFORMERS PRIME - Oct. 30

Activision Publishing, Inc. - The Trash Pack - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Wipeout 3 - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Wreck It Ralph - October

Aksys Games Localization, Inc. - Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Oct. 23

ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) - Code of Princess - Oct. 9

D3Publisher - Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game - Nov. 20

D3Publisher - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! - Fall

D3Publisher - Ben 10: Omniverse - Fall

Disney Interactive - Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion - Nov. 18

Disney Interactive - Disney·Pixar Finding Nemo - September

Disney Interactive - Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure - September

Electronic Arts - FIFA 13 - September

GameMill Entertainment - Hotel Transylvania - Sept. 18

Majesco Entertainment - Hello Kitty Picnic - October

Maximum Games - 50 Classic Games - October

Maximum Games - American Mensa Academy - October

Maximum Games - Junior Classic Games - October

Maximum Games - Jett Tailfin - November

Natsume Inc. - Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - Q4

Nintendo - New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Aug. 19

Nintendo - Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! - Oct. 1

Nintendo - Crosswords Plus - Oct. 1

Nintendo - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Early 2013

Nintendo - Style Savvy: Trendsetters - Oct. 22

Nintendo - Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - Oct. 28

Nintendo - Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! - Nov. 5

Nintendo - Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Nov. 11

SEGA - Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed - Nov. 20

Storm City Entertainment - Chevrolet Camaro Wild Ride - August

Storm City Entertainment - Old Skool Classics - September

Storm City Entertainment - Word Wizard 3D - September

Telegames, Inc. - Classic Games Overload: Card and Puzzle Edition - November

Ubisoft - Rayman Origins - Q3

Ubisoft - Imagine Babyz - Oct. 23

Ubisoft - Imagine Fashion Life - Oct. 23

Ubisoft - Petz Countryside - Nov. 6

Ubisoft - Rabbids Rumble - Holiday

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment - LEGO The Lord of the Rings - Fall

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment - Spy Hunter - Fall

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment - Scribblenauts Unlimited - Holiday

XSEED Games - Unchained Blades - Summer

Nintendo eShop

Arc System Works - Vector Racing - Aug. 23

Endgame Studio - Fractured Soul - Q3

Gamelion - Speed X - Q4

Konami - Gradius - Q4

Konami - Mystical Ninja starring Goemon - Q3

Nicalis - Cave Story - Q3

Nicalis - Nightsky - Q4

Nintendo - Pokémon Dream Radar - Oct. 7

Nintendo - Sparkle Snapshots 3D - Oct. 18

Nintendo - Pokédex 3D Pro - Nov. 8

Nintendo - Fluidity: Spin Cycle - Q4

Nintendo - Wario Land II - Q4

Nintendo - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Q4

nnooo - Spirit Hunters Inc. - Q4

Teyon - Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D - Aug. 16

UFO Interactive - Johnny Impossible - Q3

XSEED Games - Unchained Blades - Q3

Nintendo DS

2K Play - Nickelodeon Bubble Guppies - Nov. 1

2K Play - Nickelodeon Dora & Team Umizoomi: Fantastic Flight - Nov. 1

Activision Publishing, Inc. - TRANSFORMERS PRIME - Oct. 30

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Bratz: Fashion Boutique - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - The Trash Pack - October

Activision Publishing, Inc. - Wreck It Ralph - October

D3Publisher - Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game - Nov. 20

D3Publisher - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! - Fall

D3Publisher - Ben 10: Omniverse - Fall

D3Publisher - Victorious: Taking the Lead - Fall

D3Publisher - Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party - Fall

GameMill Entertainment - Big Time Rush - Nov. 6

GameMill Entertainment - Hotel Transylvania - Sept. 18

Little Orbit - Monster High: Skultimate Roller Maze - Nov. 13

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. - THUNDERCATS - Sept. 25

Nintendo - Pokémon Black Version 2 - Oct. 7

Nintendo - Pokémon White Version 2 - Oct. 7

Scholastic Inc. - I SPY Game Pack - September

Scholastic Inc. - Smart Games for Kids - September

Telegames, Inc. - Puzzle Overload - October

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment - LEGO The Lord of the Rings - Fall

Not looking forward to New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Cave Story 3D? Blasphemy!

Wipeout in 3D could be really cool.

Also I thought Rayman Origins was already out?

I had to limit what I was looking forward to because the character limit. :<

And Rayman Origins 3DS isn't. Should've been, we've had the demo for some time, but it keeps getting delayed.

Got the 3DS XL and NSMB 2 today. I really like the metallic blue of the XL, but I hope the stores around here get their act together and start selling screen protectors.

I haven't played much of NSMB2, but so far it's pretty fun. Nothing revolutionary, but it is fun.

Doing some tests with screen sizes and such, I turned on my 3DS on a DS game and set it to the 1:1 resolution. The image is tiny, but obviously, still very playable. It got me to thinking. Who else here would buy a DS Micro? I personally really like the Gameboy Micro, and I think the tiny screen makes the image really sharp, and it's so nice and compact. I would definitely enjoy a DS micro to carry around with me at all times to play some pokemon.

I had to limit what I was looking forward to because the character limit. :<

And Rayman Origins 3DS isn't. Should've been, we've had the demo for some time, but it keeps getting delayed.

are you sure about that...? i'm pretty sure i have a copy of it on my desk right now, and i know japanese isn't the native language of ubisoft...

are you sure about that...? i'm pretty sure i have a copy of it on my desk right now, and i know japanese isn't the native language of ubisoft...

Yes. Rayman Origins 3DS is not out in America yet, hence its inclusion on that list taken from an official Nintendo press release. Yeah, Europe and Australia got it in June and Japan in July, but America has yet to receive it yet for some unknown reason.

So two days ago, I caved and decided to grab New Super Mario Bros. 2, and after grabbing around 50k coins in total, I think I'm ready to give some impressions!

So at first I was worried that people were right about the game playing it too safe, not really bringing anything new to the table, etc., and through the first few levels, I was kind of feeling that "Mario saturation" kick in, what with Mario 3D Land having been released so shortly ago.

Two days and 50k coins later(I deleted all data twice), I can't put this bloody game down. Sure, the game doesn't do a whole lot to the Mario formula, but at this point, Super Mario Bros. games are really just comfort food for me: something entertaining that I can go back to and enjoy it each time. The game starts out simple enough and in standard Mario fare is pretty accessible. But now you have coins everywhere, and you want those coins. Badly. Coin rush mode isn't for the faint of heart either. There's much more strategy involved and route planning that can really be grating(but pretty fun).

The game doesn't do a good job of connecting the whole importance of coin collecting to the narrative(because we're engrossed by the story machinations of our Mario games), and it feels a bit "why am I doing this?" at first, but then you realize that the idea of being a coin kleptomaniac DRAMATICALLY changes the way you play the game and the way you think about levels. Instead of getting through to the goal, you're trying to find every single nook and cranny you can for more coins, trying to get multipliers, and taking advantage of the new gold flower and gold box to get the most bang for your buck(literally). Once you get passed the first few levels, you start to see how exploration is tied into the new level design, and the game feels great in that regard. There are lots of secrets hiding around, including secret exits that give you access to entirely new worlds.

I can't really comment on coop since I have nobody here to play locally with, but I do know that you get even more coin bonuses just for giving that a shot. Don't wanna make this too long, but while this games doesn't reinvent the Mario Wheel, it does include nice level design, the RACOON LEAF(I've missed flying), and mechanics and modes like coin rush to ensure that "score whores" like myself are CONSTANTLY pushing towards replaying levels to get better coin rates and eventually hit that 1 million coin mark.

Great post, Malaki and I pretty much agree with every point you make. I've had a lot of fun with this game and having beaten the main Worlds, I'm now trying my hand at the Coin Rush mode (I feel a little bit like I'm cheating with the coin multiplier you get for hitting the top of the pole) and it's pretty much just like you said. Any mistake you make will ruin your run, but at least you get to keep your coins.

Apparently the game borrows its music and boss fights from NSMBWii? Having not played that game, I haven't had anything to say about anything feeling like a lazy rehash. Instead, I've quite enjoyed the level designs and I absolutely hope that coins are as fun to collect in future 2D Mario titles, even if the 'Million coins' challenge isn't a focal point of the game (and it's only really a focus of this games marketing, less so in the gameplay).

Edited by ocre

I think they were trying to create a score attack Mario, but realized people didn't really give a crap about the actual score en masse, so what could they use instead? How about coins!? Everyone sees the coins on the screen, and are naturally drawn to 'em, and this game makes it so satisfying to go through a gold ring, knock a turtle shell across the level and keep hitting goombas for 50 coins a pop. It also really encourages you to try levels over and over again, which is great for longevity.

But yeah, I wouldn't worry about cheating, since it's pretty much a given that the best runs are going to use those flag multipliers to beef up their score. The best are probably using coop to go for another double as well.

And yeah, I've gotta say that one of the best things about the game is that even though you may screw up and die a few times, the game doesn't punish you too badly as that awesome coin total you racked up is yours to keep no matter what, so the game actively encourages you to keep trying without rage quitting.

Also coin ships...

The coins are everywhere!

Joystiq has a bunch of trailers for 3DS stuff from the latest NintendoDirect presentation. I agree with Mirby. EX Troopers does look pretty awesome. Almost reminds me of ZOE to an extent, and I like the visual style. It seems like the 3DS is becoming the go-to place for the types of creative/inventive games that I'm a fan of(much like the original DS I believe).

Other trailers of note to me include Project X Zone, Bravely Default, and Paper Mario. So far we only have one of those confirmed for a U.S. release... I am sad panda.

I sure can't wait for more details on Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate to come out. Blasted thing was delayed until next year...

also Rhythm Hunter: Harmo Knight.

A non-Pokémon game from the guys that make Pokémon games. That alone is worth a look, as Drill Dozer was a sleeper hit and showed what Game Freak can still do when they go back to their roots.

So it might not be the commercial success that Pokémon is, but it could very well be a damn good game on its own, and thus is worth keeping an eye on.

A non-Pokémon game from the guys that make Pokémon games. That alone is worth a look, as Drill Dozer was a sleeper hit and showed what Game Freak can still do when they go back to their roots.

So it might not be the commercial success that Pokémon is, but it could very well be a damn good game on its own, and thus is worth keeping an eye on.

there's a few pokemon-themed stages (the one shown with the B/W wild battle theme has Reshiram and Zekrom in the BG, and there's another with the gym theme), but yeah. it looks awesome.

EDIT: Theatrhythm September DLC. Looks to be the last of it.

September 6, 2012

1. “The Extreme” (Final Fantasy VIII)

2. “Esper Battle” (Final Fantasy XII)

3. “Fight 2” (Final Fantasy IV)

4. “Dungeon” (Final Fantasy II)

September 13, 2012

1. “The Castle” (Final Fantasy VIII)

2. “The Battle for Freedom” (Final Fantasy XII)

3. “Undersea Shrine” (Final Fantasy)

4. “What Becomes of Us” (Final Fantasy: Type-0)

September 20, 2012

1. “Force Your Way” (Final Fantasy VIII)

2. “Ragnarok” (Final Fantasy XI)

3. “Matoya’s Cave” (Final Fantasy)

4. “Tower of Mages” (Final Fantasy II)

Edited by Mirby

Kid Icarus: Uprising. 15 dollars. Best Buy. Tuesday. Get it.

Some dude said it best: "Consider [that] you get three epic acts spanning 25 chapters, each chapter divided into flight, ground and boss battles -- a campaign that is essentially a trilogy, more akin to a 26-episode anime OVA than anything else. And consider also that there are more than 300 in-game achievements, each with unlockable prizes; more than 400 3D figurines to collect, each with pokedex-style entries; more than a hundred weapons to collect and fuse into an infinite number of even stronger weapons; dozens and dozens of power-up perks you can equip in a grid much like RE4's inventory; a fully orchestrated soundtrack and hours and hours of dialogue featuring some of the best writing and voice acting in a videogame (and certainly the best from Nintendo); an online multiplayer suite including addictive loot-driven 3v3 team deathmatch and 6P free-for-all; great StreetPass and SpotPass support; top-notch production values, right down to the fully narrated tutorial after the title montage; an augmented reality mode utilizing the trading cards, of which six are included with the game; wonderful humor, including many references to other Nintendo games and plenty of moments that break the fourth wall (Pit: "That guy? He looked a lot more pixelated back in the '80s!"); and then there's the optional stand accessory as well."

All for 15 bucks.

Edited by ocre

Did Pit mention pixelization? I know Palutena says that at the end of Chapter 8 ("It looks a lot less pixelated than I remember.), but I don't remember Pit saying it.

Regardless, pick it up. With a soundtrack with credits to Yuzo Koshiro, Yasunori Mitsuda, Motoi Sakuraba, and others, that alone is worth it.

Plus, it supports the Circle Pad Pro, which is nice if you're a southpaw like myself. :D

Edited by Mirby