3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

Ho ho ho. Anyone complaining about free compensatory games is an idiot.

Also anyone not happy with this price drop is an idiot or Nintendo. Or Sony.

I have no complaints of a price drop at all. But the only problem is that feeling that if this doesn't help boost sales of the 3DS, then this will be the Virtual Boy 2.

I think it's good that Nintendo finally had to eat some humble pie, so to speak, but how aggressive are they going to be now that they see their handheld market is threatened? Not to mention that they can no longer fall back on, "We're Nintendo! People will ALWAYS buy our games!".

Ho ho ho. Anyone complaining about free compensatory games is an idiot.

Also anyone not happy with this price drop is an idiot or Nintendo. Or Sony.

It doesn't take much to make people on the internet complain. I've found that gamers are sometimes among the most jaded ad cynical lot to talk to, which to me is a shame. Instead about being excited about their hobby, they spend tons of time just complaining about how everything sucks. A total waste of time, and a downer...

=(

I have no complaints of a price drop at all. But the only problem is that feeling that if this doesn't help boost sales of the 3DS, then this will be the Virtual Boy 2.

I think it's good that Nintendo finally had to eat some humble pie, so to speak, but how aggressive are they going to be now that they see their handheld market is threatened? Not to mention that they can no longer fall back on, "We're Nintendo! People will ALWAYS buy our games!".

Hopefully they will learn that it's a mistake to launch a system without a AAA title for it and a fairly steady stream of titles following your launch.

Hopefully they will learn that it's a mistake to launch a system without a AAA title for it and a fairly steady stream of titles following your launch.

Like a certain game about a man's third legendary adventure.

Still though, the price cut is pretty sweet, now my friends can afford it so I won't be the only one with a 3DS.

I would of been a little irked had I not received the 3ds for my B-Day. All in all if we were able to choose the 20 games from the VC I think that would of enjoyed it more. But who am I to complain? 20 Free old school games are fine with me. especially some GBA classics.

Still though, the price cut is pretty sweet, now my friends can afford it so I won't be the only one with a 3DS.

I would of been a little irked had I not received the 3ds for my B-Day. All in all if we were able to choose the 20 games from the VC I think that would of enjoyed it more. But who am I to complain? 20 Free old school games are fine with me. especially some GBA classics.

I don't care if it's a year from now, I would definitely like to see them release these and more GBA games in the future.

Then again, my GBA SP is sitting next to my bed..... :roll:

There is one seris I do not want on the 3DS VC.

Pokémon.

Now wait, put that phone down, no need to call the mental ward (or worse yet, an exorist). Hear me out.

Nintendo had already remade the original Red and Blue, and we've already gotten remakes of Gold and Silver. I know Nintendo likes to port and remake big titles, but there is a point where it needs to stop.

Also, unless they somehow redo the old games to allow wireless (and possibly online) linking, the major point of the series, trading and battling, will be completely cut off. Half of the fun of the series is trading for the ones you don't have, and then using the ones you do have against another player.

Even then... classic game or not, the series has moved on from the first generation. The current systems Gen 3 and later have refined and improved are just better in every way. Retro game or not, the old Red and Blue games are just inferior in every way.

Anything else, I don't mind (and might even want to get). But no Pokémon, please. Just let the series progress, not be stuck in the past.

the funny thing about pokemon is that only in the fifth generation did it technically start to get good, and even then there are a host of problems

red and blue were horrible games, gold and silver were horrible games with a spit shine, ruby and sapphire were horrible again and diamond and pearl was just depressing

the funny thing about pokemon is that only in the fifth generation did it technically start to get good, and even then there are a host of problems

red and blue were horrible games, gold and silver were horrible games with a spit shine, ruby and sapphire were horrible again and diamond and pearl was just depressing

Not to mention that the designs seem to get worse... There's a garbage bag Pokemon, I mean seriously...

Not to mention that the designs seem to get worse... There's a garbage bag Pokemon, I mean seriously...

the first pokemon in the dex is a scaly cat with a flower bulb growing out of it

take off your nostalgia goggles please

Wait, the Damned, wouldn't you want Pokémon to be on the 3DS VC? I mean, if your goal is to stop Ninty from making re-makes, well... who is going to buy a re-make of a game when the original is already available on the VC? Having the original AND a re-make on sale for the same system at the same time would be... well, dumb.

So, if anything, we should encourage the old games to be put on the VC as a way of blocking Ninty from spending more time and money re-making old games. Just port them and be done with it.

This price drop means nothing if they don't change around features we have been wanting for a while.

The first thing they should focus on is the revamping of the online feature for the 3ds. Take away the damn friendcodes and allow us to actually have a use for the friend system, since all we can currently do is notice someone is online and that is it.

Nintendo has always had such a weird stance with online, and now would be the best time to show us that they get that they were wrong with it. That, if anything, will be a great first step in really showing that they want our trust back in the product, since right now, online on the 3ds is nothing but a fucking joke.

Quoted For Emphasis. I kind of wish Nintendo could bitchslap Capcom around for it. But they can't really, so it's just pie-in-the-sky thinking.

...I had been planning to get a 3DS anyway, but Legends 3 getting the axe really hurt my desire to get it. I was planning on getting one in August anyway, though, and the news of the price drop has re-enticed me into picking it up. I'll miss out on the ability to purchase Metroid Fusion on the VC there but... eh. I love Fusion, but it's not worth 80 bucks to me.

It may take awhile to get the AAA titles (Super Mario and Mario Kart) and the Star Fox 64 remake but I need a replacement for my ailing DS Lite, so once the price drop hits, I'll be grabbing one.

*Bleck makes argument*

*Second poster agrees with Bleck*

*Bleck bitch slaps second poster*

This is why OCR can't be a happy family.

It hurt too..... :sad:

Heck, I didn't say the first gen Pokemon designs were flawless, I love how everyone assumes I do.

They should get this guy to help advertise the 3DS, couldn't make things much worse.... could it?

tumblr_lp28nvSMb11qzp9weo1_400.jpg

Edited by Toadofsky

After further rumination, I've decided that I'm going to grab a 3DS after a few killer 3rd-party apps are out. This year's holiday line-up has Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 3DS, but I need to see proof that there isn't going to be a dearth of 3rd-party stuff during the first year or two of the system's life.

The $170 price tag on it definitely makes the deal sweeter. Let's see if I can hold out for more colors and games.

Yeah the first gen had some amazing designs..

They've really let themselves go since then.

You left out Gen I's best design.

diglett.jpg

Every gen has good designs and bad ones. I don't see how people can say that they're getting worse with every gen when there's winners and losers in both.

I love how people bitch and complain about every generation's pokémon designs, and then they go and use some of those pokémon on their teams.

Cradily was called hideous when it was shown the first time, but it's a common member on Sandstorm teams, even to this day.

It's like nostalgia, in that it's retro-actively applied and no one will admit to it.

/still have my RSE Cradily because he was cool the first time I saw him

//still uses him, too

This a thousand times over.

Sadly from what I've seen so far that and Star Fox where the only games I wanted on the 3DS. I won't be grabbing one for the foreseeable future now unless something changes drastically in the available titles.

I'm not sure why Nintendo thought it was a good idea to launch a system with no big titles on it...