3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION

The Damned

Can't wait to see all the inevitably dirty pictures these cards produce.

It took me a minute to think about this. So, potentially a girl could use the AR cards as "pasties" basically? I'm sure there are other less savory things that can be done, but that's what I thought of.

a better question is why the fuck has it ever mattered

So true. The games are in Japanese anyways, so unless you can read it I don't know why you'd want to import...

That said, Importing from another english speaking region makes sense, and I'm still considering importing Hotel Dusk 2.

I'm guessing it's one of two possibilities:

1. The 3DS is actually so incredibly underwhelming that no one is willing to say anything about it, or they are just so shattered by it, they can't. Maybe there is fear of Nintendo fanboy reaction.

2. They are playing the fuck out of everything right now, and they don't want to take time to write reviews when they can be playing it.

I thought maybe a third possibility would be that no on has one yet, but that's obviously not the case. Lots of sites and people have one now, so there should be nothing to stop them from starting reviews.

Did anyone watch Iwata's GDC keynote just now? Netflix in 3D is confirmed for the 3DS, along with a "Short Form Video" service where Nintendo will provide things like music videos, funny shorts, etc in 3D. Also, 3D classics are still a go according to Reggie. No new info on what games will get updated to 3D or when, but they will be available in the eShop alongside other digital downloads. Also, the Virtual Console will support Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Gear, and TurboGraphx-16 games.

Best of all is the first snippet of info on Super Mario 3DS; They showed a few screenshots and a logo that has the silhouette of a raccoon tail on the edge. From the screens, it looks like Mario 64 with Mario 3 style powerups; The screens showed both big Mario and little Mario in 3D, and the logo hints at the ability to fly. He said we'll get more information at E3.

EDIT: OH, and how could I forget, OCARINA OF TIME IN JUNE! ...Now I'm wondering if I misheard, but I'm pretty dang sure that Iwata said June.

EDIT2: Ok, yeah, Joystiq heard the same thing: "9:52AM I believe Iwata said that Nintendo intended to release Ocarina of Time 3D in June. But it was a passing reference."

Edited by AMT

I'm pretty excited about the new Mario game. The few things they showed look cool, and if the Galaxy team is working on it, I'm sure it'll rock. Plus, the tail on the logo... =)

The one thing about the conference is that the new Zelda trailer really doesn't have me particularly excited. Zelda's my favorite Nintendo series, and I'm sure it'll be good, but it looks like more of the same with a control scheme that may or may not work. We'll have to wait till E3 I suppose.

what makes you think that?

With 3D Mario, it's what I expect. They can't come up with a way to make a stage ending so the star is essentially a "flagpole". Bowser was only a challenge in Mario 64 on the second and last fight. Since then, not so much.

With Zelda, Nintendo won't stray from the Ocarina formula. Sure it works, but it's just gotten old to me.