Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

They're appealing to the hardcore gamer by raising the graphic quality, and only making 1 controller -- because we all know hardcore gamers are forever alone, sitting in the basement with their bigass TVs and high-tech gaming systems, playing for hours on end, spouting racial slurs over the internet on their blue-teeth headsets....

...the children will probably still have their wiimotes...

They're appealing to the hardcore gamer by raising the graphic quality, and only making 1 controller -- because we all know hardcore gamers are forever alone, sitting in the basement with their bigass TVs and high-tech gaming systems, playing for hours on end, spouting racial slurs over the internet on their blue-teeth headsets....

...the children will probably still have their wiimotes...

I'll have you know I am in a room on the second floor.

NO BASEMENT FOR ME!!

Someone tell me if I am wrong here, but... It seems like with Wii U, Nintendo is just catching up to the 360 and PS3 technology-wise, with HD and now third party support... Are they going to remain behind a whole generation due to this? When the PS3 and 360 new systems come out in a couple years, will Nintendo still be with this current technology or will they have YET ANOTHER console come out to compete with those 2?

Someone tell me if I am wrong here, but... It seems like with Wii U, Nintendo is just catching up to the 360 and PS3 technology-wise, with HD and now third party support... Are they going to remain behind a whole generation due to this? When the PS3 and 360 new systems come out in a couple years, will Nintendo still be with this current technology or will they have YET ANOTHER console come out to compete with those 2?

I think they've probably surpassed current xbox and ps3 tech. Seems kinda pointless to just "catch up". Also, you know this thing will sell millions in it's first week of release and will continue to make money for years.

There's nothing that can really be done about timing. Companies of all kinds will always be releasing hardware at different times. Either way, fanboys will buy the consoles regardless of what is the best hardware.

I got bored and wrote up some quick and dirty alternate lyrics for Weezers "Buddy Holly".

= Original version (and music video)

instrumental version

What's with these homies defendin' Nintendo?

Why do they gotta front?

What did they ever do to these guys

That made them so fanboyish?

Woo-hoo, but you know I'm core.

Woo-hoo, and I know you're lame.

Woo-hoo, and that's for all of time.

[chorus]

Wiiii-ii-uuu, you look just like the last system.

Oh-oh, and you don't care 'bout the core.

I don't care what you show at E3 anyway.

I don't care 'bout that.

Don't you ever think, you're such a freak.

I know that you need help.

Your mind is twisted, your soul is shit.

You need a god damn brain.

Woo-hoo, and you know I'm core.

[chorus]

I don't care 'bout that.

Bang! Bang! Knock on the door, another letdown, get off the damn floor.

Oh No! What do we do?

Don't look now you don't have a clue.

You can't game and You can't play.

What's a matter fan, are you feelin' gay?

What's a matter, what's a matter, what's a matter you?

What's a matter fan, are you feelin' blue?

Oh-oh-oh!

And that's for all of time. (x2)

[chorus]

I don't care 'bout that. (x3)

Terrible, or terribad?

Edited by The Damned

I already addressed these concerns. Some key points:

- no footage of a "Wii U game" actually running on the system has been shown. They did show off some footage of 360 and PS3 games (which will be ported to the Wii U; likely for the launch window) but this isn't at all an indication of the limits of the technology; this was just to show that it can handle what is being made for the current generation's systems. The Bird/CherryBlossom/Fish tech demo video may give you the best idea what a native Wii U game might look like.

- The Wii U is said to be significantly more powerful than the 360 and PS3

- It has been shown before that the most powerful system isn't the most successful.

- The Wii U IS going to compete with Microsoft and Sony's next systems when they appear. There are no indications how powerful those systems may be and it may indeed be too expensive to make anything more advanced than what is being used on the Wii U. Who knows?

Edited by ocre

well that'll be unfortunate when they stop making games for the wii oh i don't know last year sometime

It'll be okay.

It's just that for me, it's the realization that, while I'll always have fond memories of the classics as well as some of the new/current games on the Wii. Nintendo just doesn't hold my interest as it has at one point for now.

I'll still be following news of their fun games with Mario, Link, Samus, DK and so on. I'll be following them and most likely will even follow new stuff that appear that peak my interest.

Currently now with the "Wii-U" I just feel no connection to it like I did with the Wii and past systems.

I'll still be playing games as always, just not with Nintendo's new systems for a while with the exception of the DS Lite/3DS(maybe).

Guys guys I saw Nintendo's new console and I dunno I have my doubts man I mean I'm just not feelin' it for some reason I dunno maybe it's because I feel like Nintendo has sold out or maybe I just don't like the idea of the controller or perhaps most of all it's because IT WAS ANNOUNCED TWO DAYS AGO AND I FEEL NO EXCITEMENT FOR A PIECE OF HARDWARE THAT'LL BE RELEASED IN A YEAR'S TIME.

Jesus, people.

Currently now with the "Wii-U" I just feel no connection to it like I did with the Wii and past systems.

I'm kind of surprised to read that people find this new system MORE of a "gaming culture shock" than the Wii. If anything, I would've figured that the name and controller (since it's basically a VERY traditional controller with a screen on it) wouldn't be so shocking or unwelcomed after the radical departure that the Wii has been. This has four buttons, at least. Or maybe people are just antsy because virtually no games have been seen on it. The games will come. They're just a long way off. |: <

Note that I realize you personally may not be turned off by the controller concept, Schwartzvald, I'm speaking generally.

I personally was taken aback when I saw the controller. I was expecting something a bit smaller. Then I realized that this new system promises a great new online platform and at the very least, my favorite Nintendo franchises in glorious HD.

Edited by ocre

Guys guys I saw Nintendo's new console and I dunno I have my doubts man I mean I'm just not feelin' it for some reason I dunno maybe it's because I feel like Nintendo has sold out or maybe I just don't like the idea of the controller or perhaps most of all it's because IT WAS ANNOUNCED TWO DAYS AGO AND I FEEL NO EXCITEMENT FOR A PIECE OF HARDWARE THAT'LL BE RELEASED IN A YEAR'S TIME.

Jesus, people.

Funny thing is even when new software comes out, I'd still feel as if the Wii-U is rather unnecessary, much like how the Kinect and even the PS Move feel unnecessary to me. I don't hate it or think Nintendo sold out/became soulless ect ect.

It just doesn't hold my interest, much like how the 3DS seem to be suffering that though to a lesser degree.

If it sells millions, then good, if it becomes the next "Virtual Boy" well...

They should try again or focus elsewhere.

All I'd really want are enjoyable games by the end of the day though.

I'm kind of surprised to read that people find this new system MORE of a "gaming culture shock" than the Wii. If anything, I would've figured that the name and controller (since it's basically a VERY traditional controller with a screen on it) wouldn't be so shocking or unwelcomed after the radical departure that the Wii has been.

Note that I realize you personally may not be turned off by the controller concept, Schwartzvald, I'm speaking generally.

I'd think it has to do with how much interaction is needed. Using the Wii motes was certainly different compared to the traditional controllers/console packaged with a AAA title. But I had a hard time to wrap my head around using the new controller more so than I had with the Wii Mote. the wiimote was simple with the added gestures/waggling. With the tablet controller it may just be TOO MUCH of a good thing going for it.

Still giving it a few months may assuage away the shock; especially with new games using it to the best of its' capability. If that doesn't happen then it would just be like the Mario Kart Wii Wheel I still see being sold in walmart and bestbuy. A piece of plastic with no real necessity to exist.

Edited by Schwaltzvald

the point is:

when this thing comes out I am going to look like a rich person to a lot of people

So basically like any one who have bought it, the PS3 with its PSN Cards, or XBox 360 with a bunch of gold card/MS points?

Regardless of what system you buy you'd have to be pretty privileged these days willing to buy a new system and support it with $40-$60 per game you're willing to pay for.

So in a sense, we're all rich.

Edit: Nice to see they're doing something right by getting rid of friend codes.

I don't care if nintendo's console is a paper clip attached to a rubber band. If they have awesome games lined up - LOTS of them - I will buy the shit out of nintendo. I don't know why we are fretting over the console at all, don't we just all want the game drought to end?

Rareware, where art though to save nintendo's ass again?

I got bored and wrote up some quick and dirty alternate lyrics for Weezers "Buddy Holly".

= Original version (and music video)

instrumental version

What's with these homies defendin' Nintendo?

Why do they gotta front?

What did they ever do to these guys

That made them so fanboyish?

Woo-hoo, but you know I'm core.

[chorus]

Wiiii-ii-uuu, you look just like the last system.

Oh-oh, and you don't care 'bout the core.

I don't care what you show at E3 anyway.

I don't care 'bout that.

Don't you ever think, you're such a freak.

I know that you need help.

Your mind is twisted, your soul is shit.

You need a god damn brain.

Woo-hoo, and you know I'm core.

[chorus]

I don't care 'bout that.

Bang! Bang! Knock on the door, another letdown, get off the damn floor.

Oh No! What do we do?

Don't look now you don't have a clue.

You can't game and You can't play.

What's a matter fan, are you feelin' gay?

What's a matter, what's a matter, what's a matter you?

What's a matter fan, are you feelin' blue?

Oh-oh-oh!

And that's for all of time. (x2)

[chorus]

I don't care 'bout that. (x3)

Terrible, or terribad?

Add in a sleighbell and use it for the OCR Christmas Album.

They got sold to Micrsoft when all the good people in it left to form their own companies, and Rare hasn't made a good game since.

So why the fuck would they be saving Nintendo, and what exactly would they be saving them from?

From getting too much money and suddenly going ape-shit stupid with said flush of cash by not catering the "GOOD/AWESOME" 3rd parties.