Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

What the hell is shovelware?

Google, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

Well, I guess you can't actually speak it, as it's not a language. I should have said "do you use it?", as it's a service, not a language.

Unless Google also refers to some sort of programming language they used to make the search engine, in which case my first statement would be accurate and appropriate.

But even then, that's really a written thing, isn't it? Can you speak a language that is only written? If there's no spoken elements to it, can it really be a language? Even if there are some parts of it in English, does that make it a separate language unto its own, or because it uses an existing language but in an entirely different way, is it still its own language?

For that matter, even if it was a language, and you could speak it, wouldn't you just sound like you were repeating random words and numbers and such, to represent the programming language? To anyone else, it would sound like gibberish. It has its own grammar and syntax, so it must be a language in that regard.

Damn, this is some heavy stuff for so late in the evening.

But still, it's not like you can't look it up, right?

It's a grave digger sim. You have to see how many graves you can dig before your shovel breaks, using the Wiimote. A bit glitchy, but it works decently from what few reviews there have been of the series. I think they're up to Shovelware VIII now.

Sounds like my kinda game.

you post like an idiot

That's because I am an idiot.

No one does late April Fools jokes. A bit before is fine, on the actual day is the whole point, but two weeks later? Not happening. No one does that.

If it was just IGN making these claims, I'd ignore the whole thing (seeing how they like to just make shit up sometimes), but since there are multiple reports from sites that aren't known for reporting bullshit, I think it has some validity.

But we won't know for sure until it's actually announced.

Hmm, it seems that Street Fight on the 3DS has some coding in it that makes it connect to a console... except it's not supposed to be the Wii.

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/rumor-super-street-fighter-iv-3ds-to-connect-to-nintendos-new-system/

Interesting if true. That would indicate that Capcom staff knew about this new console a long time ago. Although, the linkin the above article goes to an April 4th article, that quite frankly, isn't very specific and only speculates.

Too much of that going around these days.

Google, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

Well, I guess you can't actually speak it, as it's not a language. I should have said "do you use it?", as it's a service, not a language.

Unless Google also refers to some sort of programming language they used to make the search engine, in which case my first statement would be accurate and appropriate.

But even then, that's really a written thing, isn't it? Can you speak a language that is only written? If there's no spoken elements to it, can it really be a language? Even if there are some parts of it in English, does that make it a separate language unto its own, or because it uses an existing language but in an entirely different way, is it still its own language?

For that matter, even if it was a language, and you could speak it, wouldn't you just sound like you were repeating random words and numbers and such, to represent the programming language? To anyone else, it would sound like gibberish. It has its own grammar and syntax, so it must be a language in that regard.

Damn, this is some heavy stuff for so late in the evening.

But still, it's not like you can't look it up, right?

*gogol

and its a number number

also STARFOX 3DS :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/star-fox-64-3ds-release-date/3248

I don't think Nintendo producing greater-than-480p screenshots of its games is good enough evidence that a new console with backwards compatibility is the reason for such motives, much less the notion that one is in production based solely on this fact. Take for example, Dolphin; an emulator for Wii/GC games capable of producing 1080p content of commercial games. Dolphin is an unofficial work, composed with resources we readily have available to us. Nintendo, on the other hand, has all the developmental, professional, financial, and legal resources to do seemingly whatever they want with this.

I'm not saying a new console isn't in the works, because it's fair to say that there is. I'm just saying that I don't think it's fair to say that the next console has backwards compatibility just because Nintendo has the ability to produce greater-than-480p screenshots for its games. It's fair to say that Nintendo has a new console in the works because of all the other (circumstantial and speculative) evidence suggesting it. The greater-than-480p screenshots of Wii games just seem to coincide with the idea of backwards compatibility with the new system.

Good points. Lots of companies will put out great-looking pictures of their games, but they aren't necessarily what the actual output of the system is.

Also, I've often heard that once a console is released, the planning and development of the next system is started. It makes sense. They just spent how many years and how much money on what they just put out, so why wouldn't they start working on the next hardware right away? Worst case scenario, they have a new console to replace the one they just put out and flopped. Best case, they can start manufacturing and selling the next one quickly once they have the design down, even if they sit on it for a while.

Honestly, I'd love to sneak around the big three's various buildings, just to see how they go about it.