OCR02242 - Final Fantasy XIII "Blue Skies"

Good stuff as usual. Really faithful to the source track in terms of sound, but mixing it up with more of everything. I like the added vocals, which sound just like the material in the original track (huge props for the singer). Of course, the added kick to the remix is sweet, too. This can easily fit in FFXIII with nobody noticing a thing. I enjoy remixes which do that.

Happy birthday to Jade and best of luck to Ashleigh.

Whenever it came to bLiNd, he's always been the only guy in my life (other than my best friend of 15 years and my father, may he continue to rest peacefully) to ever shower me with so much love and gifts. Whether it was their company, efforts or material possessions. A great gift can be anything, you don't need money to present it. Though the best gift Jordan could ever give me is to never give up on his dreams in music and to always work on it so he could reach his very own blue sky. I have always requested of him to forever and ever be involved with OCR no matter what happens whether the reason may be fortune or fame. One must never forget where they started or came from. So this is the best gift I could ever receive on this day, especially one we cannot spend together right now.

Thank you Larry and Dave for pulling the special strings on my birthday. I never thought 10 years ago I'd know any of you or even be mentioned anywhere with so much respect and love from all of you. I know I say this a million times in different ways, but I will never stop showing my gratefulness.

Ashleigh did a fanastic job. I appreciate her for doing this despite of her busy wedding planning/job schedule. I must agree as well that the song is perfect from beginning to end and hearing it only once is not enough. That's a wonderful sign. =) It's hard to beat White Skies to me, but this has to be the best song Jordan has ever done. Kudos to my gorgeous husband.

All I ever wanted out of life is to be free, I am still waiting for my day of suffering to end.

bLiNd, you really have captured pure and beautiful energy in this piece of music. I took deep breath the first few seconds I listened it (the second time) and pure chills rand down my spine. The vocals combined with the fast paced energetic beats are fantstic. Kudos to you brother. Brilliant piece of work.

Yay I'm glad someone talented decided to tackle Final Fantasy XIII. Not the greatest game ever, some really cheesy tracks in the soundtrack, but a consequent amount of kickass ones.

This mix is goodness, production is very solid and juicy as expected, vocals are spot-on, reverb/delays are very tasteful, everything comes out fresh and punchy, it's a great reinterpretation of an already good theme.

THUMBS IN THE AIR! ;)

In the beginning I felt this track had great potential - I was sucked into it and while your TMNT remix did that, too, I didn't like that one, because it was too repetitive and boring IMHO. But this is all different, becuase while IMO being quite similar concerning sound, this mix has the much more interesting arrangement. This great feeling and all the energy and tension is masterfully sustained to the end.

Very very cool. That's music I want to hear :)

Edited by SJM
(little addition)

This is amazing - I've been waiting for a great FFXIII mix to hit the web. At last it is here! This track is addicting, the more I listen to it the more I like it, which then causes me to listen more. A vicious cycle that I don't mind at all. Very well done - if you decide to mix some more FFXIII you can bet I'll be all over it!

Never heard any of the music, so this'll be a source-blind run, here (OHO, see what I did thar?!)

This... is wonderful. The singing really takes your track to new heights, bLiNd. Wonderful voice, Ashleigh - we need to work together on some music some time, remix or not.

*Ahem* The trance + vocals are excellent. The dubstep is abrupt, but well done, and as it weaves throughout the track it meshes very well. The vocal splicing with live vocals is amazing, the effects are awe inspiring. The strings are a bit too dry, IMHO, but they still work well.

Great work, both of you. I feel that I better listen to the soundtrack now, after hearing this take on it.

Oh dayum, with italics and everything. Must be serious. :-) When I get offended by awesome music, I'll be sure to post in italics too. :lol:

You don't want my opinion, don't offer me the option of giving it. If you don't like my opinion, that fails to be my problem.

Edited by SuperGiantRobot

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02242 - Final Fantasy XIII "Blue Skies"