Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

How hard could it be to dig up footage? Just go to youtube, find a a few playthroughs with decent video quality and ask the author if he might donate the video files to the project.

Or one of us could video record a playthrough for a few hours.

I think youtube has made it easier for folks... Find a gameplay footage on youtube that has their licensing set to allow their video to be remixed or reused, and nab it from that. But honestly, it shouldn't matter... I think Jose used Youtube footage for the Teen Agent trailer for OCR... I think there'd only be a problem if you tried to profit off of it but that's not even worth mentioning because I know you aren't. So. *shrug*. I've seen some good SD3 footage on Youtube, go for it!

Can people actually own a copyright on game footage? I think not

Can people actually own a copyright on game footage? I think not

The game companies might, but I get what you're saying.

It's more that the video people themselves have not wanted to release any for that very same fear. It makes no sense to me and it presents an unfair obstacle to overcome.

You brought up a good idea with Jose though. I will consult him. Good work Brandon.

Bad news from my end. My AKGs are currently not working and I don't currently have the means to repair or replace them. I think I can find someone to fix them (it's a minor repair I suspect, but one I can't do myself), but that means I'm not able to listen to any tracks.

Please defer to Rozovian until further notice. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got some audio for my collab, so I can start finishing that up and then... not do more collabs unless we can do them quicker. No hate, Moz. But that means I'll start fill up the tracklist with my own mixes... which is about time, right? :D So get your own done so I'm not doing yours just because you've been sitting on your wavs. :P

Also, sign the consent thingy so that's all done. And send me some track writeup stuff. Read the stuff in the first post about what we want from you, and comply. COMPLYYY.

Also, my birthday is coming up in about a month. Guess what I want.

hint: something I tend to mention a lot in this thread.

another hint: your project track WAVs!!

Well, I finally got some audio for my collab, so I can start finishing that up and then... not do more collabs unless we can do them quicker. No hate, Moz.!

Heheh, no hate taken. Both of our schedules has been crazy I know. Last month was particularly bad for me and for that I'm sorry. ^.^ On the bright side though, you should be getting an email shortly about the remaining guitar tracks as I was uploading the sets when I read the OCR email update about this very update. :D

Though I do need to get on the write ups! I completely forgot about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid two-job situation....

I just sent out an email to those of you whose email addresses I've got. If you didn't get it, but should, lemme know.

Also, I prefer ppl let me know if they quit the project rather than just leave without saying anything. It sucks to guess if someone's interested but has irl stuff, or if they lost interest, or something else happened. if you left without saying goodbye, say it now. If you didn't realize you left and wanna come back - do it.. :D I know I'm terrible at keeping in touch, so I don't blame you for thinking this whole thing is stagnating again - BUT IT'S NOT GO LOOK AT THE BLUE TRACKS WE'RE ALMOST THERE GUYS ALLCAPS LOOKS LIKE SCREAMING BACK TO WRITING AND MIXING AND STUFF!!i!

Reminder: Oct 25th wips/wavs plz or else..

Oh man, who was it that was looking for vocals? I was sure someone was. We could definitely stand some more vocals or, hell, even vox style pads in our mixes here.

And yes, people, get your damn mixes in. We're not dragging this on forever and I've even been considering a mega-concrete deadline where just cut it off once and for all. I suppose thats somewhat hypocritical as I can't listen indepth to tracks right now and am on a sortof vacation, but me and Rozo are not going to move this project along - YOU are. That's what you signed up for and told us you were going to do. We can't do that by ourselves.

On another note: WE NEED GAMEPLAY VIDEOS. Someone somewhere play the ROM for a few hours and record it to send to us. You wouldn't believe how something this simple has become hard to get, but we need it and I want to send it around. Your efforts will go to good places, I assure you, but we need someone to donate gameplay material for us to make into a preview.

Hey everyone!

I'll get on my final track as soon as possible. I would have done it sooner, but I moved to Sweden about a month ago and had a bunch of papers to take care of--I still do, in fact.

I have some save states and a ZSNES emulator if that helps. I've finished the game about a year and a half ago. I can't record the gameplay though. I haven't got any software to do that, and even if I did, I really don't have the time to do it. Sorry. =D

Good luck with your mixes, you all!

I have no software to record videos with. ;_;

Vocals would be amazing for this album. I would love to hear them here! And I'd gladly contribute my own singing -- I'm still learning, but maybe my voice/style could just fit some specific track.

On another note, yes, I'm still around as a visual artist! I'll get you something new by your birthday, Rozo, though not sure if it's going to be a finished piece or another WIP.

Okay, after trying to play around with those untaken tracks, I can say I am more likely to have a concrete idea working with "Weird Counterpoint".

I'll do my best for the deadline, though I'd be out of town for three days this week due to a family wedding, but I will try my best :)

Since you're joining now, or rejoining, or something, I have no problem exempting you from this deadline. :) If you've got anything yet, throw me an early wip so I know what you're doing with it, but beyond that, don't fret this deadline.

I'll mark the track as yours when I get your wip/proof-of-wip/sketch/whatever.

And Dj Mokram was asking about track titled Secret of Mana, so I'm seeing interest in the red ones... which there hopefully won't be more of come Oct 26th. ;)

The irony of using post #666, a week from Samhaim, is not lost on me as I report my studio headphones seemed to have fixed themselves and are not, currently, offering me the problems I nearly spent $70 to get fixed.

So I'll be ready to help out on tracks again after Samhaim, but yeah, I figured it was going to take something to get me to post on #666, but this irony is a whole new level.

Thanks guys and gals. :D

I'll got over all the wips and stuff I've received tomorrow, and that's tomorrow as in when I wake up tomorrow, which should be within 10 hours. I've got a bunch of tracks and more amazing art.

iirc I promised a preview of some kind. I'll get you all something once I hear from Stevo about the consent form stuff.

I'm whipping something up from scratch, and I might be able to finish it tomorrow! You haven't seen the WIP so not sure if you'd like it as much as I do, but I am pretty certain that this album kind of needs this picture. It's that iconic.

And I'm holding my breath for that preview. If I die from the lack of oxygen, "preview" will be among my last words.

Also,

-info about the track, your thoughts about it and/or the source

do I get to say anything about the stuff I make for the album? Maybe you can put it on the artwork page of the site?

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic