Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

Ahem... Ill try again. Good luck to all you night owl masochistic procrastinator types with uber skillz. I know you all havn't even started yet but somehow you'll have a very strong cohesive entry submitted and ninja updated several times by noon tomorrow. Take my advise now and either make some coffee or a 5-hour energy or whatever else you need to make it through. And good luck.

PS: Don't kill yourselves and rip out your hair in the meantime

Blargh.

I had a decent concept, I think, but it was apparently too ambitious for the amount of time I ended up with. I'll try to keep working on it over the next couple weeks, but right now, the file is too much a smattering of ideas to make any sense of in time. Particular apology to Enigami - I was bound to steal someone's top choice, but at least if it had been someone else's, it wouldn't have come as such a surprise. :?

Unfortunately, I didn't get a weekend, and I only have an hour left before I have to leave (KU marching band is playing at the Chiefs game, you could probably see me on TV if you tune in :D ) to make call time.

However, this thing is still tasty. I may not have gotten all the time I wanted with this, but it's still one of my best yet, if not THE best.

You still have 15 hours. You can put something together yet.

You're forgetting like the 13 hours of sleeping in on a weekend.

Hmm, I was looking forward to testing my skills, I wanted to advance on my own ability. Still, I'll take a "win" where I can get it, even if it is by default.

You did test your skills. You made a song. Every new song you make will increase your ability and make you a better musician. Whether I submitted something or not wouldn't have changed that.

Edited by Neblix

You did test your skills. You made a song. Every new song you make will increase your ability and make you a better musician. Whether I submitted something or not wouldn't have changed that.

Yeah, I definitely agree, this competition has made me a better musician. I meant "test" in the sense of seeing if my skills had come far enough to be able to advance to the next round. I did advance, but based on factors other than the quality of my remix.

I figure I owe a little more than sorry for people expecting to get a mix from me:

For the past few months I've been staying away a bit from remixing and trying to raise my original music composition prowess. I guess in a way, you could say I'm a bit sick of remixing stuff. Truth to be told, I joined this competition expecting myself to plow through anyway like usual. Half the reason was that my buddies were joining, so I felt a little pressured to get in too. That was a big mistake and I wasted a competition slot for it, so to anyone who couldn't get in to the competition because it was full, I'm really sorry because it was a douchey thing to do; I wasn't thinking much.

it wasn't just my psu that bit it, apparently, because i couldn't get it functioning. so i'm out =/

=(

I really hope you're able to get your music comp up and running again soon. I know how much it sucks to not have a working music comp.

Like a lot of people, this week didn't go quite as planned for me in terms of time. I wrote a 4 minute arrangement, but only had time to produce/mix a rough wip of the first minute, which is what I've turned in. I really enjoyed working with your theme, Prophetik. What little work I did accomplish was a joy and I have every intention of submitting the final version of this mix.