Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

Hah.

So I know Darke said not to spoil the twist, but I'm too excited about it. He's actually switching places with the competitors this year, so we'll all be running the competition and keeping score while Darke produces 16 remixes per week. Get hype.

cmon man why did you have to give away the twist

WHY

These competitions are great! I've been following this one since it started. Can't wait for the Wily Castle Remix Guantlet. I want to join it when it happens....I'm just not sure if I'll be good at it; but, it's worth a shot :). If I'm able to redownload the Reaper Trial after it expires in mid-late May. I hope that I can.

Reaper still works after the trial ends. You're never forced to buy it!

Hah.

So I know Darke said not to spoil the twist, but I'm too excited about it. He's actually switching places with the competitors this year, so we'll all be running the competition and keeping score while Darke produces 16 remixes per week. Get hype.

This is the greatest post on OC ReMix. Done.

But yeah, I'm super amped. Since I didn't get to take part last time I'll do my best to get in on it this time! :D

I've seen a couple of requests for a SFRG, but I really want to switch back to Mega Man before hitting Mega Man X again, and I've been wanting to really do another WCRG since we did the first one. SFRG is something that will happen eventually, but I'm going to say right now that there is no plan to do one any time soon. It could happen after this summer's Gauntlet, sometime in the fall, or it might not happen until 2014 or 2015. Like I said, there's no plan.

Big competitions like Grand Remix Battles and Remix Gauntlets need to be spaced out in order to build up hype and avoid remixer fatigue. I also want to avoid hitting the same series twice in a row. It may also happen that I'd come up with a way to tackle something like the Battle Network/Star Force series that makes narrative sense, so we'd end up doing that instead. Everything is in flux until I figure out what I want to run next.

I do know for a fact that WCRG 2013 is happening this summer. After that, we'll see.

Not sure you guys ever got the full story on the last track, but I went down to Arkansas to hang out with President Hoodie, Chip Mom, and of course, Theory of N. So this collaboration actually got to happen in person, and it was pretty awesome.

I sent Dustin a 20-30 second WIP with the first part of the track for direction, and he laid out the skeleton for the rest of the arrangement while I was working my ass off to finish up the other release on time. Then I got to making that lead synth, and we fleshed out the instrumentation a little more with more Mega Man X samples (guitar, bass, vibes, orchestral hits). We each had an 8 bar solo section toward the end, ToN on the E Piano and me with the MMX guitar. Turned out pretty funktacular, if I may say so myself, and it was killer collabing in person

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...