Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR01437 - Guardian Legend "Ace of Space"

Heh, have fun at Great Lakes :)

(I'm an Ensign in the Navy, down learning to fly in Pensacola, fun stuff)

I feel bad for never playing Guardian Legend, it apparently has music ALL OVER the place, residing in awesomeland. Hyperion is still my favorite, but this bass-pounding blast is just fine too.

Guardian Legend is quite a gem, that's overlooked. Very glad to see a rendition done, plus with 8-bit vibes.

And to tell the truth, I was an Ace of Base fan. Even though for a few songs.

Overall, an excellent song, and is a must listen for everyone that loves classic games.

Best of luck out there Beatdrop.

Best Guardian Legend remix ever in my opinion. A must have, awesome baseline. There is also a sweet surprise at the 2:00 that only a fool would argue with.

Cheers! Excellent work. Me likey!

Dance for dinner again? Sometimes ya just gotta let '97 go, peeps. Though, for a dance tune, it's not half-bad. I think there's a bit too much new-age built in and some of the instrumentation was poorly chosen. That's all.

The part where the main theme kicks in with the loud synth...just sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. It's a shame it doesn't last longer or doesn't do more stuff, though its melody is then later carried by various thing, along with a very memorable grace note piano chord sequence. It's a very unique melody, though repetitive. Its main focus is that of being around a repeating 1 to 7 pitch, or one less than an octave (I wish I was more precise in my definitions), which leads to its unique sound apparently, as I noticed when doing it on the piano.

The samples are nice. Nicer than BD's other stuff I think.

Pretty straightforward stuff, but very high quality.

Personally i'd have preferred more syncopation in the percussion. There's a whole lot of subdividing, but that's just a personal thing i guess.

Nice synth sounds; all well chosen, and great panning, especially on the descending orchestra hits. Production on this is very strong overall, but I can't help but think the source was a bit too straightforward rhythmically for you to make it more interesting without completely shaking it up.

Regardless, a very good listen.