Tetris Attack Remix Project (Mixers: Sign up at the Forum)

Bren

I'm really looking forward to the normal Forest Stage remix. Love that level's music.

I got a WiP for that....

And now i gotta go sign up for the forums!!!

And I must hear it now plzkthxbai.

i'l get a WiP up on Monday

That makes me hawt...with anticipation.

Oh, cool. Didn't see this before; anyway, Tetris Attack is an awesome game, though I've played it mostly via rom, and in situations where the sound should be off (I'm sure you can think of what those might be ;)), so I don't have any particular fondness for the music. Nonetheless, I'm happy to see projects for games whose music have not been widely appreciated, as that's part of the draw of the site, in general. I also know one frosh at my school who would be happy to hear about it (she's freaky good at the game, as well as rather addicted).

I'll also most likely be happy to mirror, by the way. Let me know if/when that becomes relevent.

Oh, cool. Didn't see this before; anyway, Tetris Attack is an awesome game, though I've played it mostly via rom, and in situations where the sound should be off (I'm sure you can think of what those might be ;)), so I don't have any particular fondness for the music. Nonetheless, I'm happy to see projects for games whose music have not been widely appreciated, as that's part of the draw of the site, in general. I also know one frosh at my school who would be happy to hear about it (she's freaky good at the game, as well as rather addicted).

I'll also most likely be happy to mirror, by the way. Let me know if/when that becomes relevent.

Thanks. That would be great :D

I'm really looking forward to the normal Forest Stage remix. Love that level's music.

I got a WiP for that....

And now i gotta go sign up for the forums!!!

And I must hear it now plzkthxbai.

i'l get a WiP up on Monday

Speaking of all this WIP talk, a while ago I made a quick midi rip-ish version of my jam to make sure I can come up with something worth while, and I like it, I'll have to upload that somewhere when I can

I posted this in the old thread, so I'll post it here too.

If anyone wants my track (Yoshi's Stage), speak up and take it. Everything I've tried for it has failed, so surely somebody else can get something to work.

(I still plan on trying to do something for this project, but since I have nothing done I can easily switch to a track no one wants.)

Thanks Arek!

I think Lungfish's attack sound is just a weird sound he makes...not necessarily any word. On a side note, I got a good laugh out of thr first time I battled Kamek and he said "Hocus Pocus" for every chain or combo he made :lol:

Yeah, so did I...

Until very hard mode, and he said it, like, 7 or 8 times in a row, and I knew I just got served something fierce.

But, yeah, this is an excellent remix! Funny story about this game-it made me decide to pick up the bass. Something about that synthesized slap bass that made me want to play it. And here I stand almost a decade later, still grateful for Blarg and his music. And his testosterone-inducing attack growl.

I can't wait until this is finished!

WHO WANTS A FOREST WiP!!! I think its almost done.... any coments would be awesome. Rightclick n choose save as, cos its geocities and likes to lick ass.

http://www.geocities.com/v_gasm2001/ForestXTR.mp3

ME ME ME ME ME ME~~~~~!!!! *listens*

EDIT: Sounds great. My only issues with it is that the opening doesn't quite fit the rest of the song and the weird piano notes at 2:50-2:51. The volume of the strings in the first melody passage might need a boost.

I also had a hard time determining if this was going to be a strings piece or a piano besides the source material. If you wanted to have another go at it, I'd recommend masking the source material a little more so it's not as blatant.