OCR01459 - Guardian Legend "The Scarlet Halls of Night"

djpretzel

Very well done. I wish I could elaborate more, but my ears are still dining on the orchestral feast that is this song. Seriously, my brain can't process anything else right now because of how well this track was made. Piano is silky smooth, and the orchestra being slowly let in is exactly what set this track off for me. 10/10 and may god have mercy on your soul for being so awesome!

This brings a tear to my eye. Because it makes me think that this game deserved a manga, or an anime, yet it was never released (or at least none that I knew of..) but there are plenty of other animes out there with this kinda genre of video game. For example, Gundam Wing and Robotech. Bubblegum Crisis comes to mind also, forgive me, I am just speaking my mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Oh, this waltz is so beautiful. Something about this mix seems a little off, like the sound was muted/dampened just a hair. I don't think it detracts from the mix though; on the contrary, I think it really adds to it. The mood here is fueled by nostalgia, not saddeningly so, but in a "the good times have come and I'm glad I was part of them" sense, and I think this mix is highly appropriate for its setting. It does its job well. When I listen to this, I feel as if I have to slow down and smell the roses; it just wouldn't feel right when listening to this mix to do otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was going to be solo piano, but when the orchestra came in, I was pleasantly surprised, as it gives this a even better feel.

The treatment of the melody was really nice. I'd even call it magical, with a tear in my eye. This was the kind of mix that really got me interested in the site in the first place. There is a fine line between movingly sentimental and a bottomless pit of nacho cheese, and this mix has the proportions just right. Very good stuff, possibly my favorite Wingless mix.

My inner small dancing Russian ballerina girl is impressed. GG, Wingless.

I don't think the mix title could feel anymore appropriate. The strings mixed with the perfect piano sound feels perfectly suited for a dance in the moonlight :-) Beautiful piano, and expertly chosen additional instruments only highlight and accentuate the mood.

One of my favorite Wingless peices (and trust me, I love just about every one of them, so that's a high honor!) It's just plain beautiful, I can never grow tired of it :-)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01459 - Guardian Legend "The Scarlet Halls of Night"
  • 1 year later...

Rosenthorne has a gentle intensity that lends a vital quality to it. The Scarlet Halls of Night offers a twinkling grandeur that illuminates without blinding. It is delicate yet forceful in its evocative progression that rings with the beloved source as it proudly displays artistic innovation. It's a privilege to have this track in one's music library.