Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

LT]

LT: Pass on both. Skull is too small, and would look better with a background rather than a transparency effect, though I doubt it would look good enough to use. Link is a decent idea, but I don't like the bug-eyes.

But that's what was so funny about it...

Do we have any Secret of Mana avatars, besides the main character?

There's one of Randi up right now, and he accepted what I did with Purim. I hope this answers your question. O.o

FF7:BC-PresidentShinraPresShin.gif

FF7:BC-Sephseph2.gif

FF7:BC-Rufusrufus3.gif

ATHF-Ignignoktignignokt.gif

FF7:BC-name?ff7bc2.gif

FF7:BC-name?ff7bc1.gif

ATHF-Errer.gif

CV2-Dracdraccv2.gif

Freespace2-HOLHoL.gifHoL2.gif

Freespace2-GTVAGTVA_Logosmall.jpg

FF7-ShinraLogoshinra2.gif

FF7-Rufusruf.gif

LT: I remember pretty much all of these from last time. They all still have poor resolution. The lil' green and purple things needs transparent backgrounds, not white background. The CV Death one is cool, but he's on a black background and over half his body/cloak is black, so it just blends into the background, which is no good.

Last time, they weren't resizes, they were fan-made gifs... this time, they were actual resizes. Death just needs a better source gif, it was crap to begin with. The High Quality source art loses alot when you resize it that small. I don't see how the Rufus is any worse than the Cloud that I am already using. Regardless, I'll get the Mooninites to you as soon as I can though, I didn't notice that they didn't have transparancy.

LT: Well, if the art doesn't look good enough when you resize it, that's either the fault of the original picture size or the program used to make the resizes. Personally I stick with Photoshop and don't mess with anything else. No matter what program you're using though, these resizes aren't sharp enough, and that's why I didn't take them. Otherwise they mostly look good.

Personally, I agree with you that the Rufus picture is better than your Cloud avatar. However, the Cloud one is from the very beginning of the forums 4+ years ago when the image quality was generally weaker and less picky. Right now, we're generally going for images that look hi-res and high quality.

The Before Crisis ones come from this wallpaper

bc_wallpaper2_1280x1024.jpg

LT: This art is cool enough. If someone could make high quality resizes of some of the heads, I'd take them.

Got some Seiken Densetsu 3 Mug shots:

Grappler-Mug.gif

Amazoness-Mug.gif

Fighter-Mug.gif

Magician-Mug.gif

Cleric-Mug.gif

Thief-Mug.gif

Edit: Hmm. Looking at them again, they aren't as good as I thought they were.

Well, aside from being extremely pixelated, they seem pretty light. If you are trying to lighten up sprites, try messing with the saturation and brightness rather than lightness. It makes them look better.

Okay, here we go:

Lise:amazonessleft1qi.gifamazonessfront8it.gif

Duran:duran9ve.gif

Angela:angela1of.gif

Carlie:carlie9wu.gif

Hawk:thief0dc.gif

Kevin:grappler1oo.gifgrapplerleft1dh.gif

Any better?

Edit: I forgot to flip Angela's sprite to the right: angelaright3zf.gif

LT: Took them all. In the cases of the ones with two poses, I took what I felt was the better one. Thanks yo.

G: Yeah, that's what I was aiming for.

Morrigan01.gifDan01.gif

Morrigan' date=' Dan. any suggestions for the background?

LT: Dan would get the pink color from his costume, Morrigan, probably purple from her suit.

here we go:

Morrigan02.gifDan02.gif

I think the SF avatars would look fine with transparent backgrounds.
for sure. everything looks fine with a transparent background, but it's hard to do when you resize something, because there are shitloads of stray pixels to remove. so a colored background is the lazy way to fix stuff :)

Morrigan01.gifDan01.gif

LT: Dan would get the pink color from his costume, Morrigan, probably purple from her suit.

here we go:

Morrigan02.gifDan02.gif

for sure. everything looks fine with a transparent background, but it's hard to do when you resize something, because there are shitloads of stray pixels to remove. so a colored background is the lazy way to fix stuff :)

I could remove the stray pixels for you if you like... Doesn't take much time in Paint really. Those backgrounds are just fugly.

Morrigan01.gifDan01.gif

here we go:

Morrigan02.gifDan02.gif

Were you wanting something like this?

Dan02A.gifMorrigan02A.gif

LT: That's why I go for colored backgrounds. Then you don't get issues with rough edges like that. :-)

That's why I go for colored backgrounds. Then you don't get issues with rough edges like that. :-)
did you take my ones then or should I fix something?

Your resizes don't look that good, bro. But perhaps try some other colors. Maybe Coop and Evilhead can also give it a try and y'all can get more of the characters from those links I gave earlier.

Can anyone do some nice resizes of the Phantasy Star peeps in this animated GIF? av-1686.gif

Sorry about the SF ones, I did my best.

Can anyone do some nice resizes of the Phantasy Star peeps in this animated GIF? av-1686.gif
About this, I guess a resize won't work due to the small size of the source, but I tried to do some 32x32 croppings, I think they work:

PahntasyStar1.gifPahntasyStar2.gifPahntasyStar3.gif

I know the first one's face is pixelated as hell, but it's a fault of the source gif.

edit: transparency?

PahntasyStar1t.gifPahntasyStar2t.gifPahntasyStar3t.gif

LT: I prefer the ones with the backgrounds myself, so I took those. Excellent job on these, they look very high-quality.

bump for last post on the previous page.

Sorry about the SF ones, I did my best.
About this, I guess a resize won't work due to the small size of the source, but I tried to do some 32x32 croppings, I think they work:

PahntasyStar1.gifPahntasyStar2.gifPahntasyStar3.gif

I know the first one's face is pixelated as hell, but it's a fault of the source gif.

edit: transparency?

PahntasyStar1t.gifPahntasyStar2t.gifPahntasyStar3t.gif