Sign in to follow this  
Joyzilla

Forum Avatars - RIP

While I'm at it, I was wondering: Are there ever going to be animated avatars, even custom ones? And do the custom avatars need to be relevant (i.e. game related)?

Suzu, your current avatar is a part of you. If you change it now, after - what - years (?), it'll be like getting facial plastic surgery irl. :-D I don't see why LT would deny you one though...

Anyway, I still haven't seen any comments on my last warcraft2 avatar post on the previous page.

Animated ones, never. Even custom avatars should be game related, but anime/cartoons/comics/movies, pretty much anything is fair game as long as I like it. We focus on VG stuff, but we have a few others.

I think Ty wants Hulk Hogan custom; I can do that tomorrow. Since he made it in the first place, that's cool. Danimal Cannon may kill him though; he's using it too!

Will get to the Warcraft stuff when I have more time to sit down and add the group. It's not too laborious, but it does take a little bit of time to add them all in.

I haven't given up on those last four from Puzzle Booble 2, I've just been a bit busy. So fuckin' help me, I'm going to find a usable color for each of them.

FinalFour1.gif ?

Someone might have tried these colors already. Did you consider a gradient background, Coop?

About the warcraft avatars, it's no hurry, I was just worried you missed my post :wink:

Out of curiosity, is there a way to tell how many users are currently sporting the same avatar? Would be interesting to see how many people put Black Mage before their handles, for example.

Anyway, here's some more Card Fighters (first game, all Capcom):

svccard1_batsu.gif Batsu (Rival Schools)

svccard1_jill.gif Jill (Resident Evil)

svccard1_juni.gif Juni (Street Fighter)

svccard1_michelle.gif Michelle (Legendary Wings)

LT: Bueno!

Out of curiosity, is there a way to tell how many users are currently sporting the same avatar? Would be interesting to see how many people put Black Mage before their handles, for example.

It would be, yes. Somone could even compile some statistics so you could see which avatar has been used the most :wink:

Thanks for adding the warcraft 2 avatars up, LT! I'll be switching around a lot, I think, and then go back to my mmgb one. Ok, so I noticed the Peon, Ogre and Ogre-Mage

(warcraft2peon.gifwarcraft2ogre.gifwarcraft2ogre-mage.gif)

were not added (nor the cursor, which is fine). Was is because of the cropping or were the images just plain ugly? Here are the original images:

unused.gif

LT: With those crops, the images don't really look like anything in particular, so I didn't add those.

EDIT: Does that mean I can crop them differently and maybe they'll be added?

LT: For the paired faces, you'd have a better shot yes. You could probably even 2 each from those two pics. The peon, you'd have to scale down to fit more of the face into the dimensions though.

zangiefeditpy1.gifshingoukiedit2pf0.gifsakuraedit2ag8.gifsagatedit2nm4.gif

Um yea these are from Capcom vs. SNK 2 From left to right: Zangief (Series 1 design), Shin Gouki/Akuma (Series 2 design), Sakura (Series 2), Sagat (Series 2 design).

LT: Sakura's good. Akuma's not sharp enough. The other two are really sloppy and stretched.

ryuavatar2ji1.gifmorriganedit2gf2.gifdhalsimedit2ug9.gif

Sorry double post:Ryu (Series 1 design), Morrigan (Series 1 design), and Dhalsim (Series 1 design). Most of them suck but I tried so just call me out on their suckiness and I'll fix them. Don't ask me why buy thought of Zyco when I made the Dhalsim one.:?

Edit:I was gonna do all the characters but they just don't look good e.g. Dan.

LT: Morrigan crop was way too close. Sharpen the others.

More: apolloavatarld4.gifphoenixavatarob3.gifgodotavatarct4.gif

From left to right: Apollo from Apollo Justice:Ace attorney, Phoenix from Apollo Justice:Ace attorney, and Godot from Phoenix Wright:Ace attorney trials and tribulations.

LT: Apollo's good. The others are slightly not sharp/clean enough. I'm particular.

marthradiantdawnavatarjl4.gif and marthavatarot1.gif

Marth from Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn.

Meh I tried Arek. :)

Edit: megazordsnesavatarfs6.gif

Megazord from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers.

Edit 2:zhoutaiavatarse8.gif

Zhou Tai from Dynasty Warriors 6

Edit 3:I'll take requests if my current avatars get accepted/don't suck.

LT: Everything's too blurry except the Megazord, which I just don't like. :-D The cropping on the Megazord is a bit too tight. I'd probably shrink the image to fit more of that upper torso of the robot in there.

metalgearawesomeavatarbf0.gifmetalgearawesomeavatar2uf1.gif

Metal Gear Awesome: Solid Snake and...EgoRaptor

Edit:solidsnakeavatarth4.gifkratosavatarya3.gif

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Kratos from God of War 1

LT: All are too grainy, except Kratos, which is just a little too dark.

bozonignblogpics2007091la2.gif

Jurassic park 1...it's a raptor

Edit: nonameavatarme8.gif and nonameavatar2uj1.gif

No Name (no default name in game) or Minato Arisato (Name given in the manga) from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3.

Man I'm bored :)

LT: The Raptor pic is lame (not your fault), but the Persona 3 ones are excellent. Thanks!

Wow, I noticed each avatar in the roster is in its own Hollywood Square. Way to better define the boundaries, LT!

Castlevania Legends:

cvlegends_alucard.gif Alucard

cvlegends_dracula.gif Dracula

cvlegends_soniabelmont1.gif Sonia Belmont (intro)

cvlegends_soniabelmont2.gif Sonia Belmont (cutscene)

Super Mario Bros. 2 enemies:

smb2_birdo.gifsmb2_clawgrip.gifsmb2_cobrat.gif

Mega Man 2 - Sniper Joe:

mm2_sniperjoe.gif

LT: Danke.

Do the guy who throws a ball of string while you're at it! I think he's on Snakeman's level...

Also, did you know Mega Man's face is actually an individual sprite pasted on top of the rest of his head? True! Well, in the NES version anyway.

Do the guy who throws a ball of string while you're at it! I think he's on Snakeman's level...

You mean Hammer Jack? He can only fit the 32x32 limit in this pose (after throwing his weapon):

mm3_hammerjack.gif

LT: Well, as long as it's not egregiously large, let's see how Hammer Jack looks in a standard pose.

And while I'm at it, here's some alternate crops of the Warcraft 2 Peon, Ogre, and Ogre-Mage:

wc2_orc_peon.gifwc2_orc_ogre.gifwc2_orc_ogremage.gif

LT: Excellent. Thanks for trying different crops to get these in!

LIQUID KIDS BOMB!!!!

LiquidKids1.gif

LiquidKids1a.gif

Any thoughts LT? Backgrounds? No backgrounds? Backgrounds for the smaller ones, no backgrounds for the big ones? I personally feel they all look fine without BGs, since they have a black outline around them.

LT: No backgrounds, but I hate the sprites. Only one's I'm feeling are the rock-face guy on the bottom lieft, the globe that's holding (not pulling back) the slingshot and the 3rd/running mummy.

And my next attempt at those final four from Puzzle Bobble 2...

FinalFour3.gifFinalFour3a.gif

Thoughts? They use very dark violets, greens, and such.

LT: The blue BG robot guy looks...aight, but I'm not feeling 'em. Not sure what else is left to try on these. :'-(

ikeee9.gifpearl.gifpearl2.gif

another try then.

maya.gifmia.gifjudge.gifdick.gif

LT: I'm cool on Ike here, but I need to know what specific installment of Fire Emblem that art is from before I can add it.

The others, I'd rather not see the images cut out, then placed on black backgrounds unless it looks seamless. Feel free to keep whatever background the original crop had. Please also let me know what game(s) they're from.

Ike for Arek:

fireemblem_ike.gif

A brighter Kratos for Frustration Raptor:

gow_kratos.gif

And Zenki and Chiaki Enno from Kishin Dōji Zenki: Batoru Raiden:

kishindoujizenki_zenki.gifkishindoujizenki_chiaki_enno.gif

LT: Not feeling that chick; face just looks goofy. Others are a go, but I need to know what FE installment Ike is taken from. Gracias!

Beautiful!

Doulifee's looks the best to fit the bill for what I am looking for, but the others are great too! I really hope all 3 get accepted so others can use them :)

*sitenote- larry, can i have the one doulifee made as a custom personal avatar if it is accepted?

LT: No, because you didn't make it yourself. Them's my rules. :lol: That's my cutoff, otherwise everyone would request 'em.

lz1.giflz2.gif

was trying to add Lezard Valeth from valkyrie profile. (and has a personnal avatar if i can manage to have it added)

LT: You got it!

Ike for Arek:

fireemblem_ike.gif

LT: I need to know what FE installment Ike is taken from.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (source).

LT: Danke. Added.

I stumbled upon the true identities of the following avatars, erroneously labeled Kamikaze Kaitō Jeanne 1 and 2 (probably due to the KKJ initials). From Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō:

kkj_1.gifYukino Miyazawa

kkj_2.gifSōichirō Arima

LT: Always appreciative of any fixes. Thanks!

P.S. What of these guys?

LT: Yeah, I didn't forget that one. Just wanted to compare the WC2 ones with the old versions to see if I was feelin' em, but felt lazy at first. :lol:

LT: I'm cool on Ike here, but I need to know what specific installment of Fire Emblem that art is from before I can add it.

The others, I'd rather not see the images cut out, then placed on black backgrounds unless it looks seamless. Feel free to keep whatever background the original crop had. Please also let me know what game(s) they're from.

Fixed the BG, it's now a white one. Ike is from Path of radiance. All the others characters are from Phoenix Wright:

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney

maya.gif judge.gif dick.gif

Phoenix Wright : Justice for all

pearl.gif pearl2.gif mia.gif

The name of each character is the filename itself. for the file called mia.gif, i can turn the black part white, it's part of her hairs [original gif here for reference]

LT: Hmm. Unless that's literally how the sprite was placed in the game, seems like the borders on Mia are really rough. If there was a way to smooth out the look of the black bordering so that it didn't look so pixelated, it would help. Can anyone else look into this also?

Well, as long as it's not egregiously large, let's see how Hammer Jack looks in a standard pose.

All right, here's Hammer Jack in two out of four weapon-whirling poses (the other two don't look so hot IMO):

mm3_hammerjack1.gifmm3_hammerjack2.gif

Thoughts? I'm sure you don't want an influx of avatars that go above the limits, but I know you're not banning them outright since we already have "giants" like Metroid Fusion Samus* and Crono.

LT: Yeah, having a couple of outliers like those are the reason why I was open to this one in the first place. They're not ostentatiously larger than the standard avatars. So the first Hammer Jack is a go. Hard to see it on a white background, but I love that the lil' swoosh/motion line was left intact. It's a nice touch.

And since I feel sorry for The Coop, I tried my hand at recoloring the backgrounds of the 4 black sheep from Puzzle Bobble 2:

finalfour_1.pngfinalfour_2.png

LT: I'll take the pink character with the pink background. Nice work. The rest are "nah". Man, if you can't get 'em to work, who can?

P: Haha, I appreciate your faith in me. Don't worry, there's still other background colors to try. I'll see what else may/may not work. In the meantime, here's the pink chick: http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/polo_83/puzzlebobble2_woolen.gif

* I didn't notice at first, but met_samus.gif is labeled as "Super Metroid: Samus"; it should be Metroid Fusion Samus (in her Fusion Suit).

LT: Glad to fix it.