Forum Avatars - RIP

Joyzilla

LT: Awesome! Are there any more that can be made?

Unfortunately, those are the only 8-bit portraits in the picture packs. All the other ones are of the official art.

0gdsb2jhbc9hcguabh4aflcmo2.jpg

I'll keep an eye out for the next picture pack, which should contain the other four robot masters.

Mega Man X2 : Main Bosses

Bubble Crab

bubblecrabmh7.gif

Crystal Snail

crystalsnailix4.gif

Flame Stag

flamestagnt3.gif

Magna Centipede

magnacentipedekt6.gif

Here are the others:

Morph Moth

morphmothyo3.gif

Overdrive Ostrich

overdriveostrichhi5.gif

Wheel Gator

wheelgatorqj2.gif

Wire Sponge

wirespongerd9.gif

LT: I needed them a bit sharper, so I found a source image and added all 8 myself as well as MMX1, so there's a new category now. Thanks for the idea!

Wow Liontamer, that's quite the commitment adding a metric ton of Mega Man-related boss mugs (and a few others). No mislabels + all pure GIFs + Shadow Man and Storm Eagle portrait upgrades + classic/X category division = U R TEH NACHO MAN

LT: Props to Capcom for giving us that much avatar fodder. Not many franchises have sprites that work with our size requirements.

I also have questions/concerns/one new sub...

- Was kneeling Zero mmxzero8xx.gif deliberately removed in favor of the new standing Zero?

LT: Yep. See ya.

- In the Misc. category, "Ogre Battle 64: Quass" and "Monkey Island 1" don't show up like the others. Selecting either as an avatar only shows the url path by the username. If they were lost somehow, here they are:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/polo_83/ogrebattle64_quass3.gif

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/polo_83/monkeyisland1.gif

LT: Just needed to correct some filenames.

Tetris Attack - Little Yoshi:

ta_littleyoshi.gif

LT: What's the root image of the yellow Yoshi? I'd rather have more of his head fitting into the space at the expense of the (cool) bubbles.

P: Like the other TA characters, that's how Little Yoshi's icon is cropped/presented in the game. I only upped the brightness and contrast, like what Nineko and The Coop did back then, since in-game they're kinda dark.

If you still want a better facial shot, can I interest you in a three-pixel-width custom edit?

LT: No need for a custom job; when I see images like that, I just need to see context to know the cropping was optimal.

miabb.gif

LT: Let's go ahead with the black. What game in the series is this Mia image from?

mia is from Phoenix Wright -Justice for all-

Just a reminder, since I didn't see Mia in the Capcom category.

LT: I uploaded the file back in June and forgot to make it active, but it's set now, thanks.

And speaking of great justice, here's Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee:

yahtzee.gif

LT: Excellent choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the portraits for the other four robot masters from Mega Man 9 at some Mega Man wiki

Jewel Man:

jewel.gif

Bee Guy:

hornet.gif

Plug Man:

plug.gif

Tornado Man:

tornado.gif

There's also an in-game sprite in each boss' article, but they're all larger than 32 X 32 (except for Tornado Man)

LT: Mucho bueno.

A few more Mega Man 9 sprite rips. First, some logos.

Dr. Light Logo:

DrLight.gif

Also available in black if it's too similar to the Dr. Wily logo.

Dr. Right Logo (from the Japanese version):

DrRight.gif

Again, also available in black

While I'm at it, here's Mr. X's logo from Mega Man 6.

And two new portraits.

Helmetless Mega Man:

Megaman_Helmetless.gif

Proto Man:

Protoman.gif

LT: Pretty complete collection we've got now!

While we're on the subject of Mega Man, here's...

An E-Tank (MM2)

mm2_e-tank.gif

Dr. Cossack (MM4)

mm4_drcossack.gif

Beat (MM5)

mm5_beat.gif

Mr. X (MM6)

mm6_mrx.gif

Sniper Joe (from the 8-bit remake of MM7)

LT: These are coo.

Faces from MM3:

Break Man

Doc Robot

Bomb Man

Cut Man

Elec Man

Fire Man

Guts Man

Ice Man

Roll

LT: Those are all kind of ugly looking. May not be the case, but are the MM1 faces actually too large to fit 32x32? Seems like the were cropped slightly, but I could be wrong. In any case, most of them were ugly. :'-(

And if you don't mind two more literally over-the-top avatars, here's full sprites of Doc Robot (MM3) and Vile (MMX).

LT: Nah. Doc Robot's not a mission critical character, so I'll pass on the oversized one. Vile's too large on both dimensions rather than just the height.

Here's some Mother 3 sprites. Please tell me if I am doing it wrong.

Claus

clauspb8.gif

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1327/clauspb8.gif

"Human" Boney

boneyxx3.gif

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/351/boneyxx3.gif

Kumatora

kumatoragl7.gif

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3685/kumatoragl7.gif

not done yet, still have to rip these bitches myself

EDIT: ive got to do homework and more importantly take a dump so this is gonna wait till tomorrow

LT: Don't like Human Boney, but the other two are good to go.

Nice work, Polo. I was planning on posting the doc robot portrait, but it slipped my mind.

not done yet, still have to rip these bitches myself

You could also just gank them from sprite sites like this one, though it's best to wait until after you finish the game (spoliers and all).

To help out a bit, here's some Pigmasks, with alt poses to spice things up since they're all just palette swaps

Pigmask:

pigmask.gif

alternate sitting verion

Pigmask Captain:

pigmask_captain.gif

on the phone

Pigmask Major:

pigmask_major.gif

facing diagonally

Pigmask Colonel:

pigmask_colonel.gif

saluting version to match his battle sprite

EDIT: I just noticed the general lack of Mother avatars, despite it having its own section, so here's a bunch of submissions from Mother 3 and a three EB enemies (Mad Duck, Enraged Fire Plug, and Mystical Record). Names are in the file names

And here's a rar of all the submissions in this post, for your mass downloading convenience.

LT: Lots of good stuff in here, so I chose what looked best; excellent stuff!

Edited by Liontamer
comments

I know it might not exactly be appropriate for me to ask this here, but just delete this post if so.

The avatar I currently have doesn't show in the list. It mysteriously disappeared after the first "major patch" of avatars was added, and I still can't find it anywhere. Figured I could mention this here since that's where you pick new avatars to upload there. I really love the lil bugger and I'm afraid of picking a different avatar then regretting because I don't like it as much.

BTW much <3 for all the new ones guys!

I know it might not exactly be appropriate for me to ask this here, but just delete this post if so.

The avatar I currently have doesn't show in the list. It mysteriously disappeared after the first "major patch" of avatars was added, and I still can't find it anywhere. Figured I could mention this here since that's where you pick new avatars to upload there. I really love the lil bugger and I'm afraid of picking a different avatar then regretting because I don't like it as much.

BTW much <3 for all the new ones guys!

It doesn't show up because you have it chosen. If you pick a different avatar, your old one will show up on the list again, and your new one will disappear from it. It's just how the setup works.

I wanted to request an avatar here.

Cynthia-1.gif

It is an 8-Bit version of my OC, Cynthia, and this version was used for a modification of the Rockman 7 - FC game that was released. I hope it counts, because I want to change my avatar to this, if possible.

LT: Nah, no OCs. We're just doing in-game characters/objects.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

• 5 weeks later...

Any way we can get this sprite of magus as an avatar?

1218inm.png

I am thinking it is probably too big, but here is hoping.

Taken from a magus sprite sheet. I know it looks like crap. Polo, think you can make it look "pretty"? :)

LT: Not feeling that shot anyway, so I wouldn't use it. :lol:

Edited by Liontamer
comments

It's not too big (not by today's standards anyway)

Did the max dimensions get changed? I know LT added a few avatars that are larger, but the OP still says 32 x 32 is the max image size.

LT: It's my discretion, but I'm generally only going to allow exceptions in height, and the avatar obviously has to look very good.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

I know, but I've seen much bigger ones. Technically the limit still stands but LT has been making several exceptions,

like this 31x42 one: mmx1_xjumpfire.gif

I don't know how big they can get but I doubt you could stretch beyond 40x40 (i.e. exceeding the limit by more than a few pixels in either dimension). 36x32 shouldn't be a problem though.

LT: It's mostly going to be height exceptions, not width. If we mess with width a lot, it starts screwing with the alignment of names, which I'm not down with.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

Any way we can get this sprite of magus as an avatar?

1218inm.png

I am thinking it is probably too big, but here is hoping.

Taken from a magus sprite sheet. I know it looks like crap. Polo, think you can make it look "pretty"? :)

backtrack the thread, i think someone already submited those, Larry took some sprite of magus but not this one.

It's not too big (not by today's standards anyway), you just need to crop it (remove the empty space around it) and give it a transparent background. Maybe a little contrast/brightness tinkering.

Like so: magus.gif

But isn't there a picture of him showing his face? Looks like he's got his back turned here.

I like it because it is a cool pose for him :P

Would there be a problem with his face not showing? :?

EDIT: What programs are you guys using to make these? I wanna try taking a whack at making some CT avatars. There is a lack of some that I think would go great, if possible.

LT: Obviously, I prefer faces showing, but there's no inherent problem with the pose showing his back, I just don't like it.

Edited by Liontamer
comments

Arek - Dafydd pretty much did what I would've done to that Magus sprite. That's about as "pretty" as it can get. :P Also, I use Paint Shop Pro 5 (and sometimes Photoshop CS3).

Dafydd - :nicework: And yes, there's two existing Magus sprites. Check the Square: Chrono category for them.

SoloGamer - Like Dafydd said, the max dimensions are still 32x32, but bigger sprites can be added, sparingly, at Larry's discretion.

Doulifée - Actually, that particular Magus sprite was never subbed before, not even by Joyzilla or Nineko.

Liontamer - Could you edit the OP if you cut the image tags from all but 4 of Joyzilla's subs? You know, to add a note about the larger exceptions (and cut the bit about you moving :lol:)?