Big Giant Circles - new album The Glory Days officially released!

big giant circles

Big Giant Circles - The Glory Days album officially released!!

OCR%20TGD.png

I'm proud to announce The Glory Days album has been officially released! 21 tracks, 80 minutes, beautiful artwork by Ian Wilding (@iwilding), Jessie Lam (@axl99), and Junkboy (@jnkboy) it's a nostalgic dive into your childhood. Available on bandcamp, iTunes, etc, and even freely listenable on Spotify and

Thank you all so much for your support, your feedback, your critiques, your praise, your sharing, and everything else. I'm very excited!

Cheers!

-BGC

Edited by big giant circles
Album is released!

Thanks Ryan & Novice!! *edit* And Michael too!

@ Meteo, I come to OCR all the time. I do not post in the forums much anymore, if that's what you mean. I've generally cut back on forum activity everywhere, not just here. There's lots of people who are lurk only.

Edited by big giant circles

I know I really, really, really, REALLY shouldn't because I've gotta save up some dough for personal things in the near future... but the artwork and visual designs are just too sexy for me to pass up, and the music is dope too. I liked the KS video as well, lots of infectious smiles all over the place. :)

still pacing back and forth, but I'll totally get behind this later this week. Congrats!

Thanks! I'm so in love with the artwork. I found the image below by chance and immediately looked up the artist (Ian Wilding) and asked if he'd be willing to design some art for my album.

You can see one of his designs for my project on his deviant art page (as well as my kickstarter page) which coincidentally looks like a modified version of the OCR logo, which I think is awesome :)

I literally gave him almost no direction on the art. I just said "I'm Big Giant Circles, I write video game-ish music and it's sort of retro and sort of modern. Go!" And he's just nailed it. I can't wait to show all the final art to everyone! And his stuff looks soooo good on merch like T-shirts and posters too!

super_metroid_by_iwilding-d55zuze.jpg

Holy shit. I NEED to acquire some of his artwork and frame it.

I will be doing the same actually. They sell it on various places. I'm going for one of the canvas prints from redbubble.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/iwilding/works/9073403-super-metroid?p=canvas-print

Absolutely worth the price IMO. But below the image, you can specify the merch you want it on. Shirts, prints, stickers, posters, all that stuff.

Backed at a low tier, I'll increase towards the end if my finances allow :D

Sidenote: MAN zircon is a busy dude .. This is the first time I've heard of his book, if there was another announcement, I missed it ..

I know! One of the most productive people I've ever known :) He just released his book yesterday actually! I imagine he might officially announce it here, but his advice was really so genuinely valuable to me, I wanted to give him any kind of boost that I can :)

I will be doing the same actually. They sell it on various places. I'm going for one of the canvas prints from redbubble.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/iwilding/works/9073403-super-metroid?p=canvas-print

Absolutely worth the price IMO. But below the image, you can specify the merch you want it on. Shirts, prints, stickers, posters, all that stuff.

That site seems much more expensive than the society6 page you linked to. The framed prints there seem pretty cheap. Not sure about the quality difference.

edit: I see there are different ones on the two sites.

Edited by Argle

That site seems much more expensive than the society6 page you linked to. The framed prints there seem pretty cheap. Not sure about the quality difference.

Oh, I didn't know I'd posted a link to Society6. It's hard to keep track of them all, but options are good! Looks like I could save a few $ by getting it from there actually. Thanks for the heads up!

http://society6.com/iwilding

Also, over 350% now, that's so crazy!!!

Thanks guys for all the kind words so far!

Oh, I didn't know I'd posted a link to Society6. It's hard to keep track of them all, but options are good! Looks like I could save a few $ by getting it from there actually. Thanks for the heads up!

http://society6.com/iwilding

Also, over 350% now, that's so crazy!!!

Thanks guys for all the kind words so far!

That's weird, how the hell did I end up there? :lol: I guess I did a google search. oh well, I'll stop ruining your thread.

Any chance a $10 backing could include a personal recommendation written by you and hand delivered to every professional contact you've made in the last 5 or so years?

No?

How about for the $5000 one then?

:)

I'll be backing it for sure next paycheck.

I stole all my contacts from Larry, ask him! :tomatoface:

Thanks so much guys! <3

I'm no expert on chiptune production, but I know when something sounds good, and this is most definitely one of those times. This album should be backed, fer sure. But gosh man, all these kickstarters just make us feel so bad for you when you have to follow up with your backer rewards (especially ones where you give away your one-of-a-kind items)! D:

Edited by timaeus222