Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where he said it, but I think Sakurai said the pace wouldn't be as fast as Melee. Oh, I think it was more that he said certain things will be easier to do, like catching items.

That's probably a good thing, in general. They probably did that partly to make it more accessible, which coincides with Nintendo's continuing gaming trend. However, I still think they're intentionally packing in as much [too much] into the game so it's still too deep for any one person to become a real pro at it for some time.

I do hope they fix all the glitches from Melee. A level field is a good field.

On the Smash Ball thing: If I do end up turning off items—which probably won't be for a while as they look really fun—I will most likely be keeping Smash Balls enabled, as I don't really consider them a pure item. They enable more attacks, changes in strategy, chaos; and besides, as far as we know, ZS Samus won't be available without using the Smash Ball. :)!!

Hopefully Zero Suit will also be available as an alt. costume, like Dark Link or Fusion Suit.

I'm unconvinced that you could consider Zero Suit Samus as an alternate costume. I consider her to be more of a transformation, such as Zelda/Shiek.

Prediction: There will be some button combination/option that allows you to start as Zero Suit Samus, similar to Zelda/Shiek's Down+A combo in Melee.

They have stated that Zero Suit Samus will be no different from regular Samus. This is not the case with Zelda/Shiek, as they different attacks and are, essentially, different characters.

I honestly see Zero Suit Samus as no different from Fusion Suit Samus.

They have stated that Zero Suit Samus will be no different from regular Samus. This is not the case with Zelda/Shiek, as they different attacks and are, essentially, different characters.

Complete bullshit. I'm gonna call sauce on this and until then, ZSS is completely different.

Here, I'll even counter-sauce you right now:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/zerosuit_samus.html

Normal Samus has NONE of those moves.

"When Samus destroys her Power Suit, she’s left with the Zero Suit. What she’s lost in power and weaponry, she makes up for in speed!

Once she turns that Paralyzer in her hand into a whip, she has quite a long reach as well! Not exactly the straightforward fight you thought it was, huh?"

where is anything the same

I'm unconvinced that you could consider Zero Suit Samus as an alternate costume. I consider her to be more of a transformation, such as Zelda/Shiek.

Prediction: There will be some button combination/option that allows you to start as Zero Suit Samus, similar to Zelda/Shiek's Down+A combo in Melee.

Before the Dojo began to make regular updates, the initial page for ZSS listed her as, in fact, a transformation. That being said, I do hope that there is a way to begin a match in that form that'd be cool.

That also makes me wonder if there's a way to return to [Varia] Suit Samus, without being KO'd.

Before the Dojo began to make regular updates, the initial page for ZSS listed her as, in fact, a transformation. That being said, I do hope that there is a way to begin a match in that form that'd be cool.

That also makes me wonder if there's a way to return to [Varia] Suit Samus, without being KO'd.

I think I remember hearing ZSS's Final Smash turns her back into normal Samus.

EDIT: Beat to the punch! D:

Yes, there is. When 1up.com gave it's coverage, they told what happens when ZS Samus gets the Smash Ball-- she does Crystal Flash and gets her suit back. It is unknown if it hurts your players or gives you health, but that's what happens when ZS gets a smash ball.

All I can say is, after playing DBZ Tenkaichi Budokai 3 online, if SSBB is even slightly as bad as this game is online (where games move at about 1fps) then it's gonna suck. REALLY bad. like sickeningly disgustingly make-you-want-to-throw-up and never play again bad.

you can only use 1 final smash per match

so yeah stop reading fake info

dbz has server problems and the dont care enough to fix them

the lag shouldnt be nearly as bad

also

(4:37:35 AM) EazyP: it's so hyped

(4:37:41 AM) EazyP: like I've never been this excited for a game

(4:37:46 AM) EazyP: it's not possible to be more excited

(4:38:00 AM) ff3atmaweapon: you're so excited you're gonna have GAY SEX

(4:38:04 AM) ff3atmaweapon: I know I am

(4:38:07 AM) EazyP: no

(4:38:09 AM) EazyP: no gay sex

(4:38:10 AM) EazyP: none

(4:38:13 AM) ff3atmaweapon: well

(4:38:21 AM) ff3atmaweapon: then you could be more excited!

It doesn't say anything about her changing back on the Dojo. Don't remember it saying anything about that anyway...

Any link for that 1UP article? I'm curious.

I've been refraining from watching anything. I want to surprised by as much as possible. More fun for me that way.

I also revoke my statement about ZSS being nothing more than a costume change. After re-reading info about her on the Dojo (I ignored most if it, I'm not a Samus fan), she does indeed have a few alternative moves and is faster+less powerful than normal Samus.

I also revoke my statement about ZSS being nothing more than a costume change. After re-reading info about her on the Dojo (I ignored most if it, I'm not a Samus fan), she does indeed have a few alternative moves and is faster+less powerful than normal Samus.

This is why I said you mustn't have know. ;-)

Haha that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't matter. If it's because of my comment on the music - I remember hearing the music from the first video ever on Dojo, I just wanted to put my opinion on it since I'm new to the thread.

I don't wanna fight with anyone, so let's start a new conversation topic. What hasn't been overkilled in this thread yet?

Haha that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't matter. If it's because of my comment on the music - I remember hearing the music from the first video ever on Dojo, I just wanted to put my opinion on it since I'm new to the thread.

I don't wanna fight with anyone, so let's start a new conversation topic. What hasn't been overkilled in this thread yet?

Fight? No no. No fights here. I just thought you didn't know about dojo because you thought zero suit and regular samus were the same. And nothing but contrary things are posted in it. No aggressive fighting attitude was intended. ;-)

as for topics yet overkilled... uh.. the only thing I can think of is the different game physics and universal movement this time around.

Enlighten me.

I actually don't know what's changed in that regard.

And some new information would overshadow my worries about the game's speed. SSB is too slow. No question. But I personally don't find Melee to be too fast, and I'm not sure how I'm going to like anything slower...